Weird stuff you buy/do for X-Wing... (or) X-Wing Hax

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#61 Malmer

Malmer

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 10:07 AM

Nice to see another sporting a Specialized. Own a Sirrus myself, and I love it!

I'm really digging Specialized since I bought my first one, a MTB, a few years back.

Good pricing of the overall fair quality components, considering they're both just entry level bikes.

#62 Cremate

Cremate

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 10:58 AM

Good pricing of the overall fair quality components, considering they're both just entry level bikes.

You are doing the full distance. That bike needs a Star Wars repaint too! :)

PS: Seeing a bike-portable X-Wing system my first thought was Denmark or the Netherlands - and it wasn't far off.

• Malmer likes this

#63 RockSoldier

RockSoldier

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 01:23 AM

is there any 'stickiness' to the dials with the clear coat on them?

did you clear coat both sides?  and both top and bottom discs?

does the washer make them easier to rotate or is it just to keep them from rubbing?

sorry for all the questions.

#64 Gullwind

Gullwind

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 06:52 AM

Once the gloss coat has dried, there is no stickiness at all, at least with the brand I've been using (Rustoleum 2x Coverage). It leaves a nice shiny coat that almost looks like plastic.

Yes, I coat both sides of everything. Make sure to let the first side dry completely before flipping them, or they can stick to the surface you paint them on and peel the paper off a bit. Placing them on wax paper should help with that.

The nylon washer does make them easier to rotate, and if they get too free you can squeeze the plastic center piece together to tighten it up a bit. I've had several people comment on how much easier my dials are to rotate (that didn't sound quite the way I intended ...)

#65 Chaotic Hazard

Chaotic Hazard

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:42 AM

I paid almost $200 for a board game, all said and done. that along should constitute weird :P

Rebels: X-Wing x 4, Y-Wing x 2, B-Wing x 3, A-Wing x 2, E-Wing x 2, Z-95 x 6,  YT-1300 x 1, YT-2400 x 1

Imperials: Tie Fighter x 8, Tie Advance x 1, Tie Interceptor x 3 , Tie Bomber, x 3, Tie Phantom x 2

Tie Defender x 2, Firespray-31 x 3, VT-49 Decimator x 1 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS