With all this talk about Imperial Aces, Rebel transport, Tantive IV, Wave 4, or Rebel Aces, I am curious what you guys have done/plan to customize your current fleet.
Are you perfectly content with the ships they way they come out of the box?
Maybe just a repaint?
Or did you order a bunch of stuff from Shapeways just for your scenarios?
What have you done, and why?
- Repainted a few ships, and touched up a few more.
- Sharpied all the edges of every token, maneuver template, and ship base. Really takes away the cardboard feel. (green tokens get green Sharpie, red get red, blue get blue, and everything else gets black)
- Brushed on a bit of rubber cement on the bottom of the stands to help them stick to the table better. (also, it can easily rub off if I ever decide on a different approach)
- Sprayed all of my maneuver dials with varnish. 3 times. Also cut out tiny circles out of card stock to put between the parts of the dial. (Protects them all really well. I don't have to worry about myself or friends wearing the dials down by not using an 'Oreo' motion.)
- Being a cheap bastard, bought a yard of fabric from Walmart to act as a 'Star field.'
- Plano case to hold everything.
- Deck Box + card protecters.
So what about you guys?
What have you done?