Photo

WFB 9th rumours and how it can affect WFRP.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Beren Eoath

Beren Eoath

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:24 AM

Ok, becouse WFRP it very much conected to WFB I think those can be interesting.

More rumours are comming regarding WFB 9th. Fist of all even more is said that Chaos is united and less popular armies will be pushed into more popular. The way I see it there is a chance that Bretonia and Kislev could become optional regiments in The Empire army. Wood Elves could become optional regiments for The Empire or more likely High Elves. Beastmen will be a part of Chaos army and so could be Demons. With options to use unitis/regimants of other in Your armies. There's a chance that there will be a split for Destruction and Order sites that could be mixed up, but it's just a speculation.

Even more interesting is the fact that more and more is telling that the timeline will be much pushed forward. It looks like they will push the timeline far beyond Archaon, The Empire is weak and under Chaos siege. Humans, Elves and Dwarfs must unite to fight against the comming darkness that takes more and more parts of the Old World. It's all looking like a big apocaliptic feeling.

The starter set for WFB 9th is looking to be a Empire vs Orcs&Goblins, so very classic.

If it all will be true that the new WFB could look really interesting. Maybe even it will pull with itself a new WFRP edition. With a different feeling of the game, rissing treat and siege of darkness it could be very cool.

The rumour says that WFB 9th edition will be announced June/July 2014.

Keep my fingers crossed to see more and hear more about it.

Cheers

Beren

#2 ragnar63

ragnar63

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:36 AM

This is very interesting, particularly the advance in the timeline.

Potentially both GW and FFG could make a lot of maoney from completely new fluff books which could revitalise the whole Warhammer Fantasy franchise. There is one big caveat however. GW are notoriously tight with their IP, so there may be a very long wait for new fluff for a 4th edition of WFRP, as FFG will have to wait while GW get their own heads around the new timeline and decide what will be happening. Unfortunately this could mean that a 4th edition of WFRP could be substantially delayed or it may be very fluff light at the start, at least. 

#3 Preacherman

Preacherman

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:44 AM

It would be pretty lame for the wood elves to be a part of High Elves, as the very fluff is highly contradictory. In every piece of fluff I've read, WE's have nothing but contempt for HE's, and are practically better connected socially with the humans that have been protecting them (whether willing or not) than HE's for so long.

Hell, there's even that part in the WE army book where HE envoys try to reconnect with their WE cousins, and Ariel refuses them, and they become lost in Athel Loren, denied help by the WEs, and they emerge 70 years later, are assumed to be evil spirits by the peasants in Quenelles, and are slaughtered, and their bodies burnt.

#4 GMmL

GMmL

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:36 AM

So the war that was brewing in the 3e timeline. That just...hasn't happened yet? I'm curious to see what they come up with....sort of.

#5 doc_cthulhu

doc_cthulhu

• Members
  • 733 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:20 AM

There is nothing concrete on the FaBa front. All 9th edition rumor threads have been shot down at Warseer so in my books all rumors are currently only wish-listing. Something might be coming but I wouldn't hold my breath.

• GMmL likes this

The Daily Empire - An inspirational & resource site for all games of Warhammer

The Guild Blog - A blog about RPGs, games (and apparently comics) by my gaming group

#6 Preacherman

Preacherman

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:26 AM

So the war that was brewing in the 3e timeline. That just...hasn't happened yet? I'm curious to see what they come up with....sort of.

The war that happened in the 2e timeline and was concluded, then in 3e timeline hadn't happened, and now.....no idea.

• GMmL likes this

#7 Fenderstat

Fenderstat

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:46 PM

Sounds like they are consolidated inventory by merging less popular armies together.

The setting sounds like 2nd edition to me.  Chaos on the doorstep and all that rather than lurking in the shadows.  

WFRP3 Online game forum - http://ffgvirtualrpg.prediger.at/

#8 Preacherman

Preacherman

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:31 PM

Sounds like they are consolidated inventory by merging less popular armies together.

The setting sounds like 2nd edition to me.  Chaos on the doorstep and all that rather than lurking in the shadows.  

Chaos wasn't on the doorstep in 2nd edition, it had been beaten back. There were other problems like refugees, rebuilding after the war, etc.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS