How do I resolve this situation?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 FantasticDan

FantasticDan

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:39 PM

Ok this is confusing.  My investigator is on Arkham with a Nightgaunt when the 'Arrests Made in Murder Case" mythos card is drawn.  The nightgaunt's reckoning effect moves it and the investigator to space 5 (city) and the investigator is delayed.  The investigator then fails the influence check during the mythos event and gains a detained condition. So what happens during the next round?  Does the detained condition prevent the investigator from "standing up" and ending the delayed condition during the action phase?  During the encounter phase does the investigator encounter the nightgaunt or flip and resolve the detained condition, or both?  Any help is appreciated.   

#2 ricedwlit

ricedwlit

• Members
  • 401 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 09:44 PM

Detained does not prevent standing up the investigator. Delayed does mean you cannot attempt the local action to get rid of the detained condition before the encounter phase.

During the encounter phase, follow the instructions on the delayed card as it says you can have no other encounter.

#3 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,418 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 02:29 AM

Detained does not prevent standing up the investigator. Delayed does mean you cannot attempt the local action to get rid of the detained condition before the encounter phase.

True. Please remember, as Ricedwlit pointed out that getting rid of the Detained condition is a local action: others can help you, even if you cannot attempt this by yourself due to being Delayed.

• Mephisto666 and Devon Greatwolf like this
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#4 FantasticDan

FantasticDan

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 08:11 PM

Thanks for the clarification.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS