6 Player Quest

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 JediKnightAmoeba

JediKnightAmoeba

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:37 PM

So here we are getting ready to start our game. The table is set and the 6 characters are....Ogre Chieftain, Jin Blooded, Assassin, Minotaur, Dervish and a Tavern Maid. We are using all expansions including the Nether deck and Azoic's Timescape. Let's see how it goes.....

Picture of the table.  Yeah, it is full. Can not wait to get the 4th corner so i have to buy a new table.... lol

Edited by JediKnightAmoeba, 26 March 2014 - 08:47 PM.

#2 JediKnightAmoeba

JediKnightAmoeba

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:50 PM

Another view.

We are using the hidden variant.

Edited by JediKnightAmoeba, 26 March 2014 - 08:56 PM.

#3 DomaGB

DomaGB

• Members
  • 512 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:05 PM

My money is on the Tavern Maid! Can't stand her.  :D  :blink:  :P

RoboRally, then Talisman. That's the way it is... ;)

#4 JediKnightAmoeba

JediKnightAmoeba

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:02 PM

Well, I would have won with the Tavern Maid but I was sucked in by one of the horrible black voids. The board was chaos by then with a few land pieces changed with characters dropping like flies. I know of the original starting 6, only the Ogre Chieftain was left at the end.....and that is because he moped around the Highlands and seemed to miss a turn every other the whole night. I restarted with an Elf but never had time to catch up to the Leprachaun who went on a shopping spree in the City and pretty much bought it out.... Well, he drew the Thieves Guild at the Crown of Command and everyone wilted away pretty quickly.

I must say the Tavern Maid was an interesting character to play and it was rather fun stealing everyones gold and stuff. :-)

Timescape only had a few people sucked into it(i stayed out of it the whole night this time) and for the most part it was uneventful. The Nether Deck is brutal and Dragons were littered across the realms.

Edited by JediKnightAmoeba, 24 March 2014 - 12:07 PM.

#5 DomaGB

DomaGB

• Members
  • 512 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:49 PM

I actually started a 2nd edition game with my youngest son yesterday, but he had plans we didn't finish it, may have time to play more tonite. we are trying some home made expasnions for the 1st time.

• JediKnightAmoeba and rfisha like this

#6 JediKnightAmoeba

JediKnightAmoeba

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:30 PM

In the rematch tonight, we had an additional player tonight but one could not make it....so we had 6 again. They made me play the Tavern Maid again but that's OK because I kicked their butts. Other than My character we had a Swashbuckler, Wizard, Vampiress, Jin Blooded and the Leprachaun.

I must say after using the Tavern Maid twice now, She is probably over-powered in larger games where She has a chance to rack up some serious gold and steal peoples stuff. She quickly makes enemies but can mosey into the City with her 12+ gold to buy a Potion, a Flail a Pet and a spell. And just for the halibut take a few wanted posters. LOL. Something about a "good" flail wielding Tavern Maid just seems weird. Her alignment IMO, should probably be neutral.

But I got to the crown of command after about 3 hours with enough goodies to easily wipe the floor of the Dragon King.

A few pictures prior to the start.... 1. 2. 3

Edited by JediKnightAmoeba, 26 March 2014 - 08:45 PM.

#7 DomaGB

DomaGB

• Members
  • 512 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:44 PM

In that scheme my money would have been on the leprechaun, but not far behind, the Tavern Maid. Nice win!

#8 JediKnightAmoeba

JediKnightAmoeba

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:55 PM

About time...I have not won a game of Talisman in a VERY long time.  I think this may officially be my first time winning a 4th edition game.  

Using our D10 variant the Nether deck was completely cycled through and we shuffled all the cards back in and started drawing again.  I never did encounter a nether card but my good friend encountered pretty much the whole shebang and had his Leprechaun and Dwarf leveled by the deck before he quit.  lol   

• DomaGB likes this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS