Photo

Terrifying power creep of shop item cards.

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#81 Whitewing

Whitewing

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 03:54 PM

Gulp! Can't even immobilize her she'll still bomb with her spells.

Volucrux reavers are a good choice, as Carbini suggests. Anything with high pierce can do the trick. Alternatively, immobilize her in a bad location and just keep her pinned. You can also just ignore her for the most part. You can just take the damage and focus fire other characters.

#82 Demoncow

Demoncow

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:16 PM

Deep elves (from conversion kit), master has pierce 4 in profile. Normally can eat right through 2 black dice. 

Edited by Demoncow, 09 April 2014 - 04:16 PM.

Demoncow: He who has become a marauder.

#83 Nerd

Nerd

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:31 PM

We don't have the conversion kit. Pierce is an option but I think I'm leaning on more ways to take their actions away like stun. Looking at some pierce act 1 monsters not convince I could crack through two black dice,most of the time. Also she has a feat that adds more shields. Thanks for the help though I'll just play around with it see what I can do, pierce will probably be part of the plan.

They have a healer disciple, guy with a mace and shield. And the new warrior from shadow of nerkhal. And Tomble as treasure hunter. I got to deal with these guys too.

#84 Whitewing

Whitewing

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:40 PM

That particular mage character is a tough nut to crack, so just play to her weaknesses, not her strengths. She's hard to kill.... so don't try to kill her.

#85 PlainWhiteBread

PlainWhiteBread

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:44 PM

And the new warrior from shadow of nerkhal.

So is Swifty as easy to kill as I had anticipated?

#86 Whitewing

Whitewing

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:59 PM

Easier, but his abilities make it substantially less advantageous to actually kill him, unfortunately.

• Silverhelm and PlainWhiteBread like this

#87 Nerd

Nerd

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:34 PM

Easier, but his abilities make it substantially less advantageous to actually kill him, unfortunately.

I agree with this about the warrior. I found using range is better against him then hand-to-hand he doesn't like being surrounded. Every time I've knocked him out he just gets back up with no actions lost with his heroic. You kind of need to knock him out twice in a quest. That's another thing there is a lot of quest in this campaign that doesn't have two encounters, I kind of like I that. He is a knock back kind of guy. That brown dice makes me want to attack him though it's like dangling a carrot in my face if I was a horse.
  • Silverhelm likes this

#88 Silverhelm

Silverhelm

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:35 PM

Yeah I like him I'd play him if I played heroes. He isn't doing that great in my 2 vs 1 (actually 1 vs 1 wife was playing both heroes). The 2 vs 1 is bad REALLY bad! It is so easy to keep the heroes down my wife was threating "divorce! if you knock me out one more time" lol. She's so sexy when she's angry.
  • griton likes this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS