Shadows Timing

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Erlessan

Erlessan

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 07:36 PM

I had this come up in a game recently and wanted to check here to see which way was right.

I had fiery kiss in shadows and when I used it, I got Margaery Tyrell (Tales from the Red Keep) out of shadows.  Card text:

Fiery Kiss - Response:  After fiery kiss comes out of shadows, choose 1 non-army Bara character in your dead pile and put it into play...

Margaery Tyrell - Response: After a card comes out of Shadows, choose a non-Lady character.  Until the end of the phase, treat that character as if its printed text box was blank.

The question was would I be able to trigger Margaery's ability?  I thought I could since it would be the same response window, but my opponent didn't think that it would.  Since I wasn't 100% sure, I just played without triggering it, but I am curious which way is correct.

#2 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,569 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 08:09 PM

Yes, you could have triggered her response. It is the same response window. You check play restrictions on responses when you trigger the response - so the card you are triggering does not actually have to be in play when the response opportunity is created.

Edited by ktom, 22 March 2014 - 08:10 PM.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS