Naomi O'Bannion + Snow Graves

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Hybrid

Hybrid

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 03:42 PM

Can Naomi O'Bannion use her ability on a Tactic if Snow Graves is attached to the discard in question?

#2 bobby

bobby

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:48 PM

no, she can't. Because the card can not trigger without leaving the discard pile to do so. So snow graves shuts her ability down.

#3 marcoa.ramirez@gmail.com

marcoa.ramirez@gmail.com

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 03:02 PM

no, she can't. Because the card can not trigger without leaving the discard pile to do so. So snow graves shuts her ability down.

After the last FAQ, v3.3, she can, It is correct?

New FAQ say:

When a player plays an event from his discard pile, it does not remain in his discard pile, but rather is placed back in his discard pile after the action is complete. An event card whose effect triggers from the discard pile does not leave the discard pile

The event card not leave the discard pile

#4 jasonconlon

jasonconlon

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 04:57 PM

Marcoa is correct - the rules have changed with the latest FAQ, and Naomi can now bypass Snow Graves.

#5 jhaelen

jhaelen

• Members
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 01:21 AM

...which totally sucks, btw. It's way too easy to create an (infinite) loop with her ability if the Tactics card cannot leave the discard. Who thought it was a good idea to give her an ability with the cost of readying her?

#6 marcoa.ramirez@gmail.com

marcoa.ramirez@gmail.com

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:04 AM

...which totally sucks, btw. It's way too easy to create an (infinite) loop with her ability if the Tactics card cannot leave the discard. Who thought it was a good idea to give her an ability with the cost of readying her?

I don't like this new ruling. Naomi + Snow Grave is too much overpower. Can banish almost any character and any support card.

#7 Serazu

Serazu

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:14 PM

While we 're still at it, can someone tell me whether I 'll have to pay any costs for the event Naomi triggers? If she triggers Gang Warfare for instance, do I have to pay the cost of 3? Concerning Immurement, I'd say that I still have to drain the domain, since it's part of the card's effect. Correct?

#8 jasonconlon

jasonconlon

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:17 PM

To 'trigger' an event means to activate the Action, Response, Forced Response or Disrupt of an event. This bypasses paying the card cost, but it does not bypass any additional costs specified by the triggered effect itself.

So for Gang Warfare, you do not have to pay the card cost of '3', but you do still have to "sacrifice a Criminal character".

Similarly for Immurement, you do not have to pay the card cost of '0' nor do you have to meet the Steadfast requirement of having 2x Syndicate resources in your pool, but you do still have to "drain a domain you control with the most resources".

Naomi O'Bannion, Ruthless Tactician (Denizens of the Underworld F1) reads:
Action: Ready Naomi O'Bannion to choose and trigger a Tactic event card in any discard pile. Then, put it on the bottom of its owner's deck.

Gang Warfare (Rituals of the Order F38) reads:
Cost: 3
Steadfast: 0
Loyal: No
Play during your operations phase.
Action: Sacrifice a Criminal character to exhaust each character with skill lower than X. X is the skill of the sacrificed Criminal character.

Immurement (Denizens of the Underworld F30) reads:
Cost: 0
Steadfast: 2x Syndicate
Loyal: No
Action: Drain a domain you control with the most resources to choose a support card or a non-Ancient One character an opponent controls. That card's owner attaches it to a domain of his choice as a resource.
  • jhaelen likes this

#9 Serazu

Serazu

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:40 PM

Many thanks to you.

• jasonconlon likes this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS