• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Dwmosley

Dwmosley

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 07:16 AM

Hi,

was wondering if anyone could help with building a deck. I've only just started and want to enter the store championship this weekend.

at the moment the only cards i have are 1 core set and 1 the desolation of hoth pack.

#2 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 07:31 AM

With that I would say go for a Rebel deck using Hoth Ops and core set vehicle sets.

For DS I would mix Sith and Navy core sets. Vader, emperor, Devastator, defense protocol, counsel, kuat, Motti. I wouldn't use any of the DS stuff from the pack.

#3 Dwmosley

Dwmosley

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:15 AM

so for dark side:

1x imperial command

1x kuat reinforcements

1x death and despayre

1x fall of the jedi

1x defense protocol

1x counsel of the sith

1x the emperors web

and for light side

2x hoth operations

1x decoy at dantooine

1x mobilize the squadrons

1x draw their fire

1x the rebel fleet

1x fleeing the empire

1x mission briefing

1x the defense of yavin 4

not sure how i should fill in the blanks.

#4 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:23 AM

Add Hit and run to the LS. Use rebel as your affiliation.

Add Recon Mission, and the other two non Imperial only sets to your DS make Sith your affiliation. So all the Navy sets except for Tarkin.

#5 Dwmosley

Dwmosley

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:33 AM

so for dark side add reconnaissance mission, take them prisoner and the endor gambit?

#6 KennedyHawk

KennedyHawk

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:38 AM

Personally I would go:

DS - Imperial Faction

1x Emperor's Web

1x Fall of the Jedi

1x Counsel of the Sith

2x The Killing Cold

1x Black Squadron Assault

1x Imperial Command

1x Kuat Reinforcements

1x Death and Despair

1x Defense Protocol

You'll have a 6/4 split so you (most likely) won't be resource blocked. Notice the Black Squadron objective can be used to remove a focus token from backstabber. There are also three objectives of fighters to make use of Talon Roll and the Black Squadron Pilot.

For the LS I'd go:

LS - Jedi Affiliation

1x A Hero's Journey

1x A Journey to Dagobah
1x The Secret of Yavin 4
1x The Defense of Yavin 4
1x Mission Briefing
1x Fleeing the Empire
1x The Rebel Fleet
1x Draw Their Fire
2x Hoth Operations

Luke can be a powerhouse on his own, and you'll toss in the protectors to help out him, Leia, and Mon Mothma. The protectors can also just be used to attack with your ships to give them shields. You'll gain a lightsaber deflection that you can use to either redirect damage to leia, or off of Luke/Mon Mothma. You end up with a good number of resource generating cards (6). A Journey to Dagobah gives you a ship with a lot of damage capability that you can take advantage of if you get a good opportunity to strike.

Good luck and have fun!

#7 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:42 AM

With the Sith heavy environment you are likely to face that is why I recommended vehicles over LS mains. I do like the idea of adding in Red 5 and changing affiliation to Jedi.

But it's all a matter of personal preference. With only one core set it's difficult.

Edited by Toqtamish, 21 March 2014 - 08:43 AM.

• KennedyHawk likes this

#8 Dwmosley

Dwmosley

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:49 AM

i wouldve bought 2 core sets but unfortunately my local store only had 1 in stock and they wouldnt get more in until after the store championships. and so far i havent had a chance to play and ive watched the tutorial about 6 or so times >.<

#9 See Threebilbo

See Threebilbo

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:53 AM

Good luck!  Hope you enjoy the game.

#10 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 09:08 AM

Tip with all the LS sleuth scout decks out there relying on certain objectives be aggressive with your navy ships. Play low cost storm troopers to protect against their attacks.

#11 KennedyHawk

KennedyHawk

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 09:13 AM

With the Sith heavy environment you are likely to face that is why I recommended vehicles over LS mains. I do like the idea of adding in Red 5 and changing affiliation to Jedi.

But it's all a matter of personal preference. With only one core set it's difficult.

Yup I was just thinking of ways to help with Mon Mothma and Leia. Also wanted to add another twist and some kind of event cancel for him :). Hit and Run is a really good choice too.

Tip with all the LS sleuth scout decks out there relying on certain objectives be aggressive with your navy ships. Play low cost storm troopers to protect against their attacks.

Toqtamish is offering really good advice. You will see a lot of people playing ships that can't be blocked by units costing more than two, if you can flood the board you'll find a good blocking capability is helpful.

Edited by KennedyHawk, 21 March 2014 - 09:14 AM.

#12 Dwmosley

Dwmosley

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 09:52 AM

KennedyHawk what would i swap out for hit and run for the light side deck?

#13 The Gas

The Gas

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:57 AM

Sorry to break it to you, but with just 1 Core and 1 Force Pack, at a store championship, you're gonna get destroyed. :-p  I would check Barnes and Noble if you have one nearby, you'll probably be able to find another Core there. Maybe even Edge of Darkness and/or some Force Packs.

• MacRauri likes this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS