Dragon expansion board

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Thels

Thels

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:15 PM

If you like corners that much, why not add corner boards that must be entered from the highlands, the dungeon and the forest? ;)

• DomaGB likes this

#22 DomaGB

DomaGB

• Members
  • 431 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 05:03 PM

That's a cool idea enter the dragon expansion from highlands!

RoboRally, then Talisman. That's the way it is... ;)

#23 DomaGB

DomaGB

• Members
  • 431 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 02:17 PM

I played another game last nite with my Dragon/Highlands variant. It went so smoothly, it was awesome. My friend has abandoned this variant, and prefers a Dragon Tower variant. But only because when we played it "my" way it was rarely used, but so is the Dungeon. The Dungeon gets so rarely used in our games, but that doesn't make it bad or poor. But I did have my 1st extended play of the Dungeon for the 1st time a week ago, and I liked it.

Anyways, while I didn't go onto the Dragon region last nite myself, one of my sons friend did and won the game playing in it. Everyone except me was actually in that region at some point.

I think it runs so smoothly having taken out the cards that effect the other regions, as well as removing sleep and dragon rage.

My sons other friend got the sacrificial altar (or stone?), and pulled a Dragon from the Adventure deck and was killed! His brother went in and got his stuff and eventually won the game. I was at the door and trying to get into the Inner Region, when he won.

We played if you beat a Dragon Lord at the end of the region, you teleported anywhere, including the CoC. He did this and the Alternate ending was the Eagle King, which I think was wimpier than the Dragon Lord he just defeated.

Good game.

Edited by DomaGB, 26 July 2014 - 02:18 PM.

#24 Uvatha

Uvatha

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:26 PM

Can't you just make a square board much like the board now? We know the fourth corner is coming? you could just use the board now but I like the new square ideas.

#25 DomaGB

DomaGB

• Members
  • 431 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 10:34 PM

I like Thels idea from above, I think I will attach it to the Highlands board, when the next corner slot is taken. But yeah the initial idea was to use my 2nd edition board as the Dragon region. Any board will do, even the board JediKnightAmoeba suggested.

#26 Uvatha

Uvatha

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:41 AM

I like Thels idea from above, I think I will attach it to the Highlands board, when the next corner slot is taken. But yeah the initial idea was to use my 2nd edition board as the Dragon region. Any board will do, even the board JediKnightAmoeba suggested.

Its totally upto you but making a region that can only be accessed to (baring teleporting cards) a already made region expansion. Maybe could you make a sort of inverted "T" board to fit between two side boards accessed through the middle of the longer part of the outer region..

#27 DomaGB

DomaGB

• Members
  • 431 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:34 PM

Thought of 3 small boards 1 for each type of Deck...

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS