• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 adamdynris

adamdynris

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:13 AM

2 little question about new keyword "Prized" and new agenda "Conquest"

1) If I play Conquest agenda and I put in play a out-of-house character with a printed prized 2. He is now Prized 3. Right? Prized is cumulative?

2) The prized from Conquest is gained? If my opponent have the new Doran in play ( sorry no acces to database from work !) and I discard a out-of-house character for intrigue claim. He doesn't claim power for Doran's abilitie? The discarded card isn't prized! The cards gain prized only when they are in play. Right?

#2 -Istaril

-Istaril

• Members
  • 777 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:59 AM

1) Our current assumption is that he would be prized 2 and prized 1 (2 separate effects, each resolving separately). We don't actually have confirmation of that fact, but it's been discussed in detail here and here.

2) You're right, new Doran has no interaction with the Conquest agenda.

• Devon Greatwolf likes this

#3 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,521 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 09:51 AM

1) It's worth noting that while the printed "Prized 2" and gained "Prized 1" would be 2 separate effects, each resolving separately, the fact that they are non-conflicting passives means they would resolve at the same time. So the resolution of the two separate "Prized" effects isn't going to look any different from the resolution of a single "Prized 3" effect when it comes to gaining the power. The only time the distinction is going to matter is when you are dealing with "down stream" passives or responses to gaining power for your house (think "Infamous!").

Edited by ktom, 20 March 2014 - 09:52 AM.

• Devon Greatwolf likes this

#4 Samie

Samie

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 05:12 PM

1) It's worth noting that while the printed "Prized 2" and gained "Prized 1" would be 2 separate effects, each resolving separately, the fact that they are non-conflicting passives means they would resolve at the same time. So the resolution of the two separate "Prized" effects isn't going to look any different from the resolution of a single "Prized 3" effect when it comes to gaining the power. The only time the distinction is going to matter is when you are dealing with "down stream" passives or responses to gaining power for your house (think "Infamous!").

In the two prized character loses one of them, with for example Men of Pride, which loses?

#5 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,521 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 05:40 PM

When a character loses "all keywords," it loses one instance of each keyword. For "qualified keywords" such as Prized and Immunity, they will lose once instance of each qualification. So, if the character with printed "Prized 2" and gained a "Prized 1" was facing Men of Pride, it would lose one instance each of "Prized 1" and "Prized 2" (for a grand total of no effective keywords).

If this is hard to picture, imagine that I have Warlock Servitors out (immune to character abilities). I reveal the plot Calm Before the Storm (characters and locations are immune to events). My Warlock Servitors are "Immune to character abilities. Immune to events." (Not "Immune to character abilities and events." See the subtle difference?) But you revealed Men of Pride. So what immunity does my Warlock Servitors lose? Well, when they lose "all keywords," they lose an instance of "Immune to events" and a separate instance of "Immune to character abilities" - leaving them with no effective immunity.

That's kind of a long way of saying Each distinct qualification of a particular keyword (like immunity, "No attachments" or Prized) is considered a different keyword for determining the outcome when a card gains or loses "all" keywords.

#6 Samie

Samie

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 06:57 PM

So if you have Prized 1 and gains Prized 1 again, your rival only claims 1 power, no?

Thanks

#7 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,521 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 06:58 PM

That is correct.

#8 Khudzlin

Khudzlin

• Members
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:45 AM

It matters very with Seizing the Prize (When you claim power for the Prized keyword, claim 1 additional power).

I'm a bit bugged that, when losing all keywords, Prized 1 + Prized 1 => Prized 1 while Prized 2 + Prized 1 => no Prized.

#9 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,521 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 07:25 AM

I'm a bit bugged that, when losing all keywords, Prized 1 + Prized 1 => Prized 1 while Prized 2 + Prized 1 => no Prized.

Perhaps. But it's no different than, when losing all keywords, "Immune to events" + "Immune to events" => "Immune to events" while "Immune to events and character abilities" + "Immune to events" => no immunity. It just feels different because the qualifier is a number instead of a word.

• mdc273 likes this

#10 Bomb

Bomb

Cool Person Club

• Members
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:15 AM

I think he is bugged because it doesn't make sense within the spirit of the agenda to have no downside to playing OOH prized 1 characters/attachments.  I hope this is all addressed in the next FAQ.

#11 Khudzlin

Khudzlin

• Members
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 06:38 AM

That too, Bomb. I hope this is addressed in the rules leaflet in the chapter packs (though it would need to be added to the FAQ the same way Joust and Melee (the keywords) rules were added).

Edited by Khudzlin, 24 March 2014 - 06:38 AM.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS