Have you forgotten?!?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#21 mdc273

mdc273

• Members
  • 975 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 02:43 PM

I would argue that a lot of people agree with him. The Hearthstone, Pokemon, Magic, and Yugioh player bases are far, far, far superior to the AGoT LCG player base and even the Netrunner LCG player base. Just because no one on an LCG board agrees with him doesn't mean no one does. I actually agree with him anyway. There are definitely players who want to both play an LCG for the fixed distribution, but also want to collect and trade. AGoT pretty much makes that completionist desire moot as everyone who buys all the packs automatically has all the cards whereas in MtG and other games a completionist is much more meaningful as they put in a lot more effort for their completion.

Random alt arts is the solution, but I don't know that it will ever happen. This game could have the best of both worlds, but it might come at a bit of a cost. Heck you could just have two or three arts per card (but again... cost is likely going to make this difficult). On the flip side, it's only 240 cards a year. Considered Magic averages 636 cards a year, it's not like it's impossible.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS