card count

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#61 xodarap

xodarap

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 01:14 AM

while the pricing of MTG is a ******* joke.. and a bad one at that. The game itself is still, even after the introduction of mythics and hexproof and the changes to how combat damage stacks and all that.. it is still a good game. The only thing that is really wrong with it is the pricing structure. It is easy to teach, fast to play and has neat effects on the cards.. there is a reason everyone loves it and it is NOT because they do not know alternatives. It is because new players try it and enjoy it. It is the simple.

While I gave up all TCG games long, long ago to this day I still buy the occasional duel deck pack for MTG. These are much like LCGs as you know what is in them and for a few bucks you get 2 decks that can play off each other nicely for dueling @ 120 cards. After a few years I have about 8 (of 12) of these decks now and can even start deck building inside the pool I own. There is no need to spend a fortune on Magic if you do not want to. In fact have fun coffee table games of mtg and it costs LESS than a LCG...

LCGs might tell you what is in the packs but they are designed to force yo to buy ALL of them. Most LCG players own entire collection or aim to own entire collections. There is a reason FFG uses so many factions.. and it is not to make the game cool.. it is so each individual pack only has 1 or 2 cards in it for the faction you are trying to build a deck for. So to get any increase in your pool you need to buy entire cycles.. and even then your only looking at maybe 18 cards or so per faction. Any new player looking to net deck or reading articles will so see that cards in the good decks are drawn from the entire pool and they need to buy 100s of dollars to make even a simple deck.

You do not need to buy hundreds of dollars worth of NetRunner cards to build a simple deck.  In fact for the price of one of the big expansions you get two pre-built decks.  From just one core you can build more than just one simple deck so what the hell are you talking about??  You are seriously willing to say the the Mtg marketing method is BETTER??  I've encountered a great deal of ingratitude here, true, but thus far not much ignorance.  Until now.   That is if your post is saying what I think it's saying, admittedly there's a lot of guesswork becuase I would have to visit grade schools to find worse sentance structure and inability to just state simple ideas.  You should maybe work on that more than your gaming eh?  Seriously the last time I "heard" a gamer so inarticulate and muddled was when I lost a bet and had to play call of Duty on XBOX Live!   

Hey maybe you should give it a shot!

Also you're not forced to buy anything it's a choice.  Don't like it, don't buy it, simple.

"Hastur. Hastur. Hastur. Suck it, my girlfriend is Science!"
-Will Wheaton-

#62 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,254 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 04:14 AM

I really don't know why you are spamming the boards or replying to messages nearly here months old but please take it down a bit. There's no need to be rude.
  • Dre2Dee2, MechaBri.Zilla and Gridash like this

#63 MechaBri.Zilla

MechaBri.Zilla

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 03:28 PM

I really don't know why you are spamming the boards or replying to messages nearly here months old but please take it down a bit. There's no need to be rude.

+1

• Gridash likes this

#64 Gridash

Gridash

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:25 AM

That is if your post is saying what I think it's saying, admittedly there's a lot of guesswork becuase I would have to visit grade schools to find worse sentance structure and inability to just state simple ideas.  

Maybe you should work on your grammar then as well. :P

Be nice!

• MechaBri.Zilla likes this

#65 smeehee

smeehee

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 07:12 PM

I know of only 3 business models for card games

boxed game - where a play-set of every card is included in the box

pros

no need for multiple purchases

no element of pay to win

cons

no expansions meaning the game doesn't change

if game isn't well balanced someone might break the game (your not playing a game your following a decision tree)

LCG - base game usually missing cards but expansions have full play-sets

pros

ever changing game

know exactly what you get in each expansion

balance problems can be fixed in later expansions

cons

slight pay to win element but unless you are missing a key counter (daus ex vs jinteki kill) you should be fine

TCG

pros

collecting/trading cards can be fun by itself

some excitement in opening packs

cons

the best decks are very expensive to create unless you get very lucky (pay to win)

card you spent a lot of money on can stop being legal in competitive play 

I like the LCG format as it allows a game to evolve without the expense of a TCG my only complaint is the lack of play-sets in the core set or a core booster that contains the missing cards

#66 Tobogan

Tobogan

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:00 AM

At least we are going to have a full set of 3x planets, warlords and signature squads, 72 useless cards. I can not wait to make three different Cato Sicarius decks at the same time!

#67 borwol

borwol

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 12:17 AM

At least we are going to have a full set of 3x planets, warlords and signature squads, 72 useless cards. I can not wait to make three different Cato Sicarius decks at the same time!

I think there will be 146 useless cards- 20 planets and two full sets of Warlords: 9 card * 7 factions * 2 core sets. It gives 146 useless cards.

Edited by borwol, 25 June 2014 - 06:27 AM.

• Tobogan likes this

#68 Tobogan

Tobogan

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:29 AM

Yep you are right, those were the useless card count per extra core set.

#69 kertanos

kertanos

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 04:45 AM

from Edge Entertainment, the europe editor for FFG :

Contenu :
7 cartes seigneur de guerre, 129 cartes unité, 40 cartes d’événement, 25 cartes de soutien, 21 cartes d’attachement, 10 cartes planète, 2 cartes de référence, 40 cartes jeton, 2 cadrans de commandement, 30 jetons de dégâts, 30 jetons de ressource, 1 jeton d’initiative, 1 jeton de première planète, 1 Guide d’apprentissage, 1 Livret de référence.

So for those of you who don't speak french (even if it must be pretty obvious) :

7 Warlord cards, 129 unit cards, 40 event cards, 25 support cards, 21 attachment cards, 10 planet cards, 2 reference cards (?), 40 token cards, 2 servo skull command dials, 30 damage tokens, 30 resource tokens, 1 initiative token, 1 first planet token, 1 learning guide (i guess just a few "quick start" pages), 1 "reference book" (i assume rules book)

so we have 215 total cards split between 7 faction + neutral, so we can guess ~29 cards per faction + ~12 neutral cards.

So we can now clearly guess that starter decks will be either 40 cards deck with all cards from one faction + neutrals, or 50 cards deck with all cards from one faction and all non loyal cards from one of its ally faction (and neutrals again)

edit :

based on the two faction preview we got so far, we can see a patern :

4 different signature squad cards, 8 total.

19 different non signature cards, roughly 21 total. (wich probably mean only 2 card *2)

so my new guess is : each card (except signature squad) *2 max in a deck (else we'll have to buy 3 CS, and nope, do not want ! )

edit 2:

also forgot that coreset are for 2 players, so there must be 2* of 6 neutral cards, wich mean 35 cards mono faction deck. seems to match with some previous LCG CS

Edited by kertanos, 27 June 2014 - 08:09 AM.

French unofficial forum : http://w40kconquestjce.forumactif.org/

#70 Mozal

Mozal

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 12:43 PM

I suposse that this game will be as others in the same line: The core set will have a "mini" deck for 4 factions and a bit of cards for the rest. In a future expansion (like "edge of darkness" or "assault on ulthuan") the others factions will be completed.
As we know better the imperium, marines, orks and chaos, than the other three, I think that  they won't appear in the core but for 4 or 5 cards each

this is just an opinion

#71 Tobogan

Tobogan

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 02:43 PM

Netrunner had playable decks for the 7 factions, there is no reason for this to be different.

#72 kertanos

kertanos

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:43 PM

i seriously doubt the 4 faction theory for many reason :

1st : we've seen a good amount of different cards from each faction, and their card number match the 23/faction card count.

2nd : if there was only 4 faction, the ally wheel would be totally screwed.

• Gridash likes this

French unofficial forum : http://w40kconquestjce.forumactif.org/

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS