Randyll Tarly and Willas Tyrell

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Erwo the Elder

Erwo the Elder

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:21 AM

If Randyll Tarly and Willas Tyrell are both in the same challenge together (on the same side), would Randyll count his strength?

#2 sWhiteboy

sWhiteboy

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:40 AM

Assuming you are talking about dual house Randyll, he would not count his strength.

#3 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,411 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 12:27 PM

Generally speaking, cards with multiple House affiliations are considered to belong to all of those affiliations. They gain the strengths and weaknesses of all their affiliations, no matter what House they are being played out of. You can't pick and choose the affiliation most advantageous to you at a given time.

So Randyll is always considered both a Lannister character and a Baratheon character, no matter what your House card says. He is hit by Willas' effect as a Lanni character, although he could benefit from something like Andal Charger (Lanni character only). Similarly, he is vulnerable to Fury of the Dragon as a Bara character, but can benefit from Heart of the Stag ("choose a participating Bara character").

#4 Mig el Pig

Mig el Pig

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:04 PM

Similarly, he is vulnerable to Fury of the Dragon as a Bara character, but can benefit from Heart of the Stag ("choose a participating Bara character").

I thought the fury's looked at the house card and not the affilitition.

#5 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,411 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:25 PM

Similarly, he is vulnerable to Fury of the Dragon as a Bara character, but can benefit from Heart of the Stag ("choose a participating Bara character").

I thought the fury's looked at the house card and not the affilitition.

So they do. Shows you how long it's been since I've looked at one!

Thanks for the correction.

#6 Erwo the Elder

Erwo the Elder

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 03:13 PM

Thanks! As I thought!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS