Photo

Variant "delving" play-mode more like 1E.

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#41 ccj86

ccj86

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 07:15 PM

Crazy question, would you be willing to post a video of your version 2.3 to explain and demonstrate?

Great idea!!! I would love to see a vídeo with the tutorial. Anyway, you are doing a good work here.

#42 Madmartigan

Madmartigan

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 05:53 AM

Crazy question, would you be willing to post a video of your version 2.3 to explain and demonstrate?

Great idea!!! I would love to see a vídeo with the tutorial. Anyway, you are doing a good work here.

Hmm. I have never made a video for the internet and I do not really have the right equipment or editing software to produce one of sufficient quality to make it the way I would want to, so I would say that the possibility of a tutorial video is slim. But it is a good idea, and I would be willing to consult on such a video if someone wanted to make one.

"Everything will be alright, once we get to Tir Asleen."

#43 Madmartigan

Madmartigan

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 04:44 PM

Version 2.4 is up, complete with co-op via RedJak's Automated Overlord Variant.

#44 Madmartigan

Madmartigan

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 11:31 AM

Version 3 is in the works. I am adding a system for generating random maps. Stay tuned.

• ccj86 likes this

#45 AgentJ

AgentJ

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 02:31 PM

Can you put the link in your sig?

#46 Madmartigan

Madmartigan

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 02:49 PM

The link is in the very first post in this thread. Version 3 is not ready yet. I will post again when it is up, probably sometime later this week.

#47 AgentJ

AgentJ

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 07:57 PM

Okay thanks!

#48 Madmartigan

Madmartigan

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 01:21 PM

Version 3.0 is live. I have added a complete system for generating random maps. One tile is placed and explored at a time, similar to the official co-op rules and some of the other sans-Overlord variants around. However, with this system and RedJak's RAOV, the players can choose to play either with an Overlord or without.

#49 noodles

noodles

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 05:10 PM

I'm really looking forward to trying this with the RAOV since it will likely be a solo adventure for me.

• Madmartigan likes this

#50 N1k088

N1k088

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 04:02 AM

Hello =)
Can anyone suggest me some custom map to try this rules? I'm a new player and I don't have 1st edition.

Btw good job, I've read your manual and seems very interesting =) 

#51 Madmartigan

Madmartigan

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 05:50 AM

The current version includes rules for generating random maps. So you can try the rules, no custom map needed.
  • N1k088 likes this

#52 Badgermilk

Badgermilk

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 06:51 AM

Madmartigan,

You are one awesome individual, investing your free time (for nothing) to make other people have a good time with the stuff you have created. =)

Thanks a ton!

• Madmartigan likes this

#53 N1k088

N1k088

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 08:55 AM

Yes i read that =) but i want also have some map example so I can make a campaign with a cool backround since we are trying to play descent whith some "role play" element and as a master i want to have more control on dungeons =)

#54 FaethonXNemesis

FaethonXNemesis

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:28 AM

I also want a more dungeon crawler experience as a separate standalone expansion for not messing with basic Descent feel.I havent checked Legendary Play Variant Rules yet but heres a few ideas that may or not have been mentioned:
1.Reveal areas as part of exploration, monsters can be placed mixed in a room and not as a group.
2.Dungeon exploration with puzzles (glyphs,secret passages,alternative routes,traps,etc) and not just
stressfull rush down.I want the heroes to actually think hard what they're going to do with the crystal they
found in a cave or a puzzle and not just how they'll kill a monster.Reward the loot hoarders with extra gold
and minor items but at the penalty of experience,timed traps and new special mission rewards.

New search,hide,solve,place,lay trap/spell special actions.
3.Every dungeon choice (looting or helping a friend trapped behind a 3 round timed spiked pit) must have an
effect at future events and reflect current main/secondary objective change.
4.Add a furniture expansion that actually interacts with heroes:A scout could sneak behind (or in!) a barrel to
deliver a + attack action to an unwary goblin,a necromancer entering a circle of power/irom maiden to cast a
powerful spell,a healer using an alchemist table book for an aoe spell,a warrior launching a hot cauldron(!) in
a pack of barghests for diversion and so many more possibilities.It will really give the game a new fresh dimension by adding to the already gorgeous tiles.
I have played a lot of other similar old and new D.C. games but neither (except HQ) compares to the untapped
potential that Descent has.

#55 Madmartigan

Madmartigan

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:37 PM

I also want a more dungeon crawler experience as a separate standalone expansion for not messing with basic Descent feel.I havent checked Legendary Play Variant Rules yet but heres a few ideas that may or not have been mentioned:
1.Reveal areas as part of exploration, monsters can be placed mixed in a room and not as a group.
2.Dungeon exploration with puzzles (glyphs,secret passages,alternative routes,traps,etc) and not just
stressfull rush down.I want the heroes to actually think hard what they're going to do with the crystal they
found in a cave or a puzzle and not just how they'll kill a monster.Reward the loot hoarders with extra gold
and minor items but at the penalty of experience,timed traps and new special mission rewards.

New search,hide,solve,place,lay trap/spell special actions.
3.Every dungeon choice (looting or helping a friend trapped behind a 3 round timed spiked pit) must have an
effect at future events and reflect current main/secondary objective change.
4.Add a furniture expansion that actually interacts with heroes:A scout could sneak behind (or in!) a barrel to
deliver a + attack action to an unwary goblin,a necromancer entering a circle of power/irom maiden to cast a
powerful spell,a healer using an alchemist table book for an aoe spell,a warrior launching a hot cauldron(!) in
a pack of barghests for diversion and so many more possibilities.It will really give the game a new fresh dimension by adding to the already gorgeous tiles.
I have played a lot of other similar old and new D.C. games but neither (except HQ) compares to the untapped
potential that Descent has.

The first clause of 1. is implemented in my variant rules.

As for the rest, the best way to implement them, would be to use my variant as a base and create some custom quests in the quest vault which employ them as quest rules.

Edited by Madmartigan, Yesterday, 03:38 PM.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS