There are Chaos Ogryn in Deathwatch.

#42 Fgdsfg

Fgdsfg

Lrod-Iniquitsor

• Members
  • 1,512 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 02:01 AM

There are Chaos Ogryn in Deathwatch.

Not that it makes a big difference for Black Crusade.

But what Deathwatch book are they in?

I'd love to see Black Crusade rules for Ogryns, Ratlings, Squats and other abhumans. It should be fairly easy, considering that Black Crusade already has a modular approach, where you actually choose Race before Archetype.

It's even a bit strange that it is modular like that, considering that Humans can only choose Human Archetypes, and CSM can only choose CSM Archetypes. If they never intended to add more Races, why weren't the Human/CSM aspects simply baked into the Archetypes themselves to begin with?

Edited by Fgdsfg, 15 April 2014 - 02:05 AM.

Real men earn their fun

Unified WH40kRP Ruleset Homebrew - Personal Notes
Talking Necrons. Dreadknights. Centurion Armour. Sororitas-murdering Grey Knights.
These things are dumb and do not exist. This is non-negotiable and undebatable.

#43 Tenebrae

Tenebrae

• Members
  • 913 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 04:38 AM

It's even a bit strange that it is modular like that, considering that Humans can only choose Human Archetypes, and CSM can only choose CSM Archetypes. If they never intended to add more Races, why weren't the Human/CSM aspects simply baked into the Archetypes themselves to begin with?

Freedom of design for any later decissions?

Modular design makes sense.

• Fgdsfg likes this

#44 Wincent

Wincent

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 04:39 AM

Is he actually retconned out of the fluff, or has he just not been mentioned for years? There's a pretty big difference between the two, when it comes to 40k fluff. The squats, for example, were never retconned, afaik. They just suffered a near-wipe-out as part of a retcon event and were then never mentioned. They still existed, and always have.

IIRC guy who ownes rights for Malal quit his adventure with GW along with those rights.

Guess GWs lawyers were just Rank 2 back then.

#45 Fgdsfg

Fgdsfg

Lrod-Iniquitsor

• Members
  • 1,512 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:02 PM

Freedom of design for any later decissions?
Modular design makes sense.

Of course it does. Which is why it's so odd.

Is he actually retconned out of the fluff, or has he just not been mentioned for years? There's a pretty big difference between the two, when it comes to 40k fluff. The squats, for example, were never retconned, afaik. They just suffered a near-wipe-out as part of a retcon event and were then never mentioned. They still existed, and always have.

IIRC guy who ownes rights for Malal quit his adventure with GW along with those rights.
Guess GWs lawyers were just Rank 2 back then.

That's how I have come to understand it too. Malal hasn't actually been removed or retconned, he's just gone unmentioned.

Real men earn their fun

Unified WH40kRP Ruleset Homebrew - Personal Notes
Talking Necrons. Dreadknights. Centurion Armour. Sororitas-murdering Grey Knights.
These things are dumb and do not exist. This is non-negotiable and undebatable.

#46 Bellevue

Bellevue

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 04:27 AM

I would like to see partial alignment rules.

My character is unaligned, because although she has bought mostly Tzeentch-aligned advances, she also has a lot of Slaanesh-aligned advances. She has very few Nurgle or Khorne advances.

Tzeentch and Slaanesh are allies, surely this ought to do something even if it's a token gesture. Maybe, for example, only one of their infamy bonuses and both infamy drawbacks (Page 305 core)

#47 Ravenstormchaser

Ravenstormchaser

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:15 PM

Right out of the door. MORE EQUIPMENT. Where the heck are my plague sprayers? More then one single option for style of most of the weapons would be nice as well. Some stats for new SM gear so that you can have it around for players to hunt down or try and steal. Vehicles. Few more Cybernetics would be nice as well.

I mean we are playing Chaos characters where they mention Warpsmiths and Hereteks making new weapons, modding equipment in new and diverse ways and yet we dont have more then a few new style weapons that are thematic to a God. Some kind of upgrade/modiffy rules for weapons other then the legacy/deamon ones would be nice.

• Tenebrae and Fgdsfg like this

#48 Rapier

Rapier

• Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:05 PM

I feel we should wait and see what tome of decay gives us before knowing exactly what this book could offer.

I would like more bionics (but I could see that fitting into the nurlge book). I want every chapter of chaos space marines to have rules, (we have 6 now, Tome of decay is meant to have 3 csm archetypes which would be 9 - but one is apparently long war vetaran, which applies to all of them!).

I would like rules for taking bionics instead of mutations.

I definitely think more mutations and more gifts of the gods are needed, more gear too.

I don't think we'll be getting anything after tome of decay at all though.

#49 Routa-maa

Routa-maa

• Members
  • 476 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:29 PM

@Rapier

Tome of Decay Announced

Here's a link for you. About halfway  on that page we start to talk about what Tome of Decay contained.

They haven't got the book to England I see if you haven't got you hands on it.

Muutokselle annamme Elämän, Elämälle annamme Muutoksen.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS