Store Championships Deck

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 coolfishboy

coolfishboy

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:27 AM

So I am building a couple of decks for a local store championships, I got 8 practice games in on sunday, and hopefully more this sunday, I only tested my LS deck though, and we just played with some random decks, so here are my decks!

DS 

Imperial Navy

2x The ultimate power

2X Imperial Command

2x Death and Despayre

2x The Emperors Web

2x The Executor Arrives

This is my second attempt at a Navy deck, my first attempt has won both of its games, but lacking control etc, so I decided to splash some Sith, havnt play tested this version yet

LS

Smugglers and Spies

2x Questionable Contacts

2x Across the Anoat Sector

2x Wookie Life Debt

2x Asteroid Sanctuary

2x Raise the stakes

This deck is still my first version, but has done really well, winning against Sith and a Imperial Navy, I really like how this deck plays

So any advice or tips?

What would you do different? 

My Fleets-

Rebels, 4 X-wings, 3 Y-wings, 2 YT-1300s, 3 A-wings, 3 B-wings, 3 Hwk-290s

Imperials, 8 Tie Fighters, 3 Tie Advanced, 3 Tie Interceptors, 3 Firespray-31s, 2 Lambda Shuttles, 4 Tie Bombers

#2 MrDomino

MrDomino

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:49 AM

I don't tend to splash "some" control - the more focused the deck on a single wincon, the more consistently it'll achieve that - if I do need a couple of pods that do something different from the rest of my deck, I try and make sure that they're also useful for the deck's primary tactic. Something like

2x Death and Despayre

2x Deploy the Fleet

2x The Executor Arrives

1x Imperial Blockade

with

2x Lord Vader's Command

1x Fall of the Jedi

The 3 Vader pods are off-focus from the rest of the deck, but they're still fully able to integrate into the big beefy aggro in the other 7 pods, while giving you a little bit of flexibility to potentially steal the force early, get past a no-vehicles objective, or something to that effect.

The Smugglers deck looks like a lot of fun, though, and if played right, could do quite well at a SC.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

#3 Gandorf

Gandorf

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:05 PM

I ran this a few weeks ago and went 5-0, pretty fun deck. Beat the same Luke/Falcon/Han/Chewie deck 4 times and sleuths the other game.

2x Death & Despayre

1x Repair & Refurbish

1x Deploy the Fleet

1x Imperial Blockade

1x Imperial Command

2x Emperors Web

2x Executor Arrives

#4 MacRauri

MacRauri

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:29 PM

Yeah, that was a good deck. Thunderflare can mitigate so much damage...

#5 MrDomino

MrDomino

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 05:48 PM

You know, I really hadn't considered how good Repair and Refurbish can be in 1v1, since most of the other Balance pods suck so hard in it.

I don't like having 4 Sith pods, though - I try and keep my splashes to 3, that way I'm guaranteed at least 1 imperial objective in my initial draw.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

#6 See Threebilbo

See Threebilbo

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:51 PM

I'm going to try to work up the courage to start building double affiliation decks.  I love hearing about how other people do theirs.  This is some nice advice to mull over.  Thanks!

#7 coolfishboy

coolfishboy

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 05:32 PM

cheers for the advice people :)

Think I have some good ideas now :)

My Fleets-

Imperials, 8 Tie Fighters, 3 Tie Advanced, 3 Tie Interceptors, 3 Firespray-31s, 2 Lambda Shuttles, 4 Tie Bombers

#8 The Gas

The Gas

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:53 PM

My advice would be to decide whether your LS deck is going to be superfriends or unblockables, take out the pods that conflict, and replace them with things that more directly support your chosen theme.  As it stands you're half-assing both, which is a recipe for failure.

If you're sticking with unblockables, drop Chewie and the Falcon, replace them with Defense of Yavin IV (to make your vehicles cheaper and give you Astromech Upgrades and Rebel Assaults) and Prepare For Evacuation (protector Y-Wings, nuff said). Now you may be wondering, why am I keeping Han?  Well, for starters he brings with him Swindled, giving you a total of four in your deck.  I shouldn't need to tell you what a valuable card this is for an unblockables deck.  But there's more - Han himself can be an excellent supporting player for your sleuths.  By sending him in first, you can potentially neutralize 3 low-cost chuds who could have blocked your sleuths - one with his reaction, one with his 2 points of targeted strike damage, and one with his tactics icon.  (Of course this can make the whole turn hinge on a single edge battle, particularly if they block with tactics, so plan accordingly.)  Finally, his objective can be a great help to keep your sleuths flying (and, again, to neutralize potential blockers).

If on the other hand you want to focus on characters, obviously you drop the sleuths and blockade runners.  From there you can stay with Smugglers and bring in Lando, or dip into Jedi for Luke.  Either is a solid choice.  You've then got a lot of options for how to round the deck out - Yoda, Obi-Wan, Old Ben's Spirit, and Guardians of the Peace for Jedi, Lobot*, Echo Caverns, Undercover Dealings, and Call to Arms for Smugglers. (Note that most of the Smuggler pods will work just as well in the Luke version.) You could cut the Falcon, but it synergizes so well with 'big gun' characters thanks to its swapout action that I wouldn't recommend it. Nothing like knocking out one objective with the Falcon then pulling it back to drop in Luke or Chewie.

*Just kidding.  Nobody uses Lobot, he's terrible. :P

#9 KennedyHawk

KennedyHawk

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 07:58 AM

My advice would be to decide whether your LS deck is going to be superfriends or unblockables, take out the pods that conflict, and replace them with things that more directly support your chosen theme.  As it stands you're half-assing both, which is a recipe for failure.

I disagree but I would drop something (maybe 1x Raise the Stakes) for a 1x Trust Me. When the Dark Side gets force storm later this week you will really want some means of event cancelling. I've had a lot of success splitting unblockables and super-friends. Personally I run:

2x Han

2x Chewy

2x Lando

1x Falcon

1x Raise the Stakes

2x Sleuths

Your deck becomes very versatile. Two annoats with a first turn chewy can strike fro 5 damage or most likely wipe the board. Han and Lando are also not slouches. If you do flip all super friends objectives your opponents may prepare for super friends playing first turn vader/palpatines leaving you a perfect opening to drop a sleuth or blockage runner. I've had a lot of success with a first turn chewy, or first turn wookie warrior and sleuth.

Just having a sleuth on the board (or letting them know its in your deck) can drastically change the way the DS plays. If they drop several 2 drops then you can tear them up with Chewy and Han. If they fear Chewy and Han you can tear them up with the other end.

The Heat of Battle and Targets from Chewy and Lando's set help out a sleuth attack greatly (killing an adviser etc). Han's pod is a great addition due to the resource and swindled. Just because 80% of people run the same sleuth deck doesn't make running an innovative one a recipe for failure.

#10 coolfishboy

coolfishboy

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 09:10 AM

I like having a deck that doesnt rely on winning 1 way, but thats just me, still unsure on lando tbh 

My Fleets-

#11 KennedyHawk

KennedyHawk

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 09:19 AM

Yeah I was unsure on him for a while his pod just offers a lot of tools.

-Awesome 5/2 objective with a useful ability

-1 for 1 resource

-Target of Opportunity

-Lando himself

The last two cards can really clutter your hand, I've only been able to use sabotauge once of twice. The Saboteur is pretty useless on the board but his reaction is amazing. Two cost to kill a Sith Holocron/ Vader's Lightsaber / Resource Stave and opponent. Plus you can swindle him to your hand to blow up another one or just use him for his ability.

#12 coolfishboy

coolfishboy

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 02:25 PM

After a few testing games

I now am at

Dark side, imperial navy
1x the ghosts of the dark side
2x the emperors web
2x the executor
2x fall of Jedi
1x counsel of the sith
2x imperial command

Light side, Jedi
2x questionable contacts
2x asteroid sanctuary
2x wookiee life debt
1x renegade squadron mobilization
1x watchers in the wasteland
2x a hero's journey

So what do people reckon to these decks? I know they changed a lot, as I play more I work out what I prefer using etc, and these decks are were I am at currently

My Fleets-

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS