Mono Navy

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 coolfishboy

coolfishboy

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 03:44 AM

So what do you guys think of this deck? Still new and learning :)

2x imperial command

2x the ultimate power

2x deploy the fleet

2x death and despayre

1x imperial blockade

1x lord vaders command

• MarthWMaster likes this

My Fleets-

Rebels, 4 X-wings, 3 Y-wings, 2 YT-1300s, 3 A-wings, 3 B-wings, 3 Hwk-290s

Imperials, 8 Tie Fighters, 3 Tie Advanced, 3 Tie Interceptors, 3 Firespray-31s, 2 Lambda Shuttles, 4 Tie Bombers

#2 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 09:07 AM

Your distribution is solid. I don't typically like running 2x Vader because the rest of his cards are very control-oriented, whereas Vader himself (and the Imperial Navy affiliation in general) is all about aggressing the opponent and hoping to make him over- or under-commit when going after your objectives. And even Vader's usefulness depends on having a favorable board position (i.e. a few chump units you can bring with Vader to smoke an objective). If you want to throw a curveball here, consider dropping Lord Vader's Command altogether, and replace it with Repair and Refurbish (the Navy objective in Balance of the Force), which is pure aggro and synergizes well with your vehicular objectiveslaughter theme.

#3 See Threebilbo

See Threebilbo

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 09:11 AM

I agree: Repair and Refurbish is an awesome set.  You should definitely think about putting it in.

#4 coolfishboy

coolfishboy

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:21 AM

So I ran the list today and won (just) I have dropped Imperial blockade, vaders command and 2 deply the fleet to add in some sith, it won but it needs some control lol

I still have another mono navy deck tho, walkers are fun!

My Fleets-

Rebels, 4 X-wings, 3 Y-wings, 2 YT-1300s, 3 A-wings, 3 B-wings, 3 Hwk-290s

Imperials, 8 Tie Fighters, 3 Tie Advanced, 3 Tie Interceptors, 3 Firespray-31s, 2 Lambda Shuttles, 4 Tie Bombers

#5 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 04:02 PM

Imperial Blockade has some great stuff in it. I won 2 tournaments thanks to my mono Navy deck last 3 weeks.

#6 Vanadio

Vanadio

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 04:41 PM

@Toqtamish: list, list, list!!! :D

#7 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 05:08 PM

Current version is

2x Devastator
2x kuat
2x defense protocol
2x dark time
1x imperial blockade
1x repair and refurbish

It's lost twice out of 9 games at the 3 tourneys and those were both older version. The losses were both to Sleuth scout decks. They are everywhere here right now. Usually I can out destroy the but occasionally they get off to a good start. Dark Time was a recent change to help slow down Sleuth decks. Before that it had 1x Unstoppable Advance and 1x Deploy the Fleet. This new version is unbeaten so far but only 4 games with it today at tourney/practice.

Edited by Toqtamish, 16 March 2014 - 05:10 PM.

#8 Vanadio

Vanadio

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 05:26 PM

Thx for the list.

Yep, Sleuth are nasty. I played Superfriends since day one, but recently switched to Sleuth just to verify their power... I love to play with the Falcon, Luke and Han, but with Sleuth is so easier and faster to win (if you win).

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS