• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 benstucky

benstucky

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:05 AM

Hello,

I finally am getting down to painting all of the miniatures.  I want to protect them now that they are painted.  Does anyone have a suggestion for miniature storage containers?  Some that I see online seem quite flimsy or could possibly not fit some of the figures.  Any suggestions on a good product?

I have also heard of folks using gun storage cases to store their miniatures.  Any opinions?

High On Model Paint Fumes,

Ben

Edited by benstucky, 14 March 2014 - 10:16 AM.

#2 JediKnightAmoeba

JediKnightAmoeba

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:34 PM

http://www.saboldesi...ytransport.html
The best way. This is what I use for my 40K and Fantasy armies.

Another way is to buy egg crate foam and cut it to the size of a box and sandwich the minis in there. This is what I did when I was first starting into miniature games.

I use Gun Cases for smaller games. I got a bunch of them for dirt cheap a while back in 4 different sizes.

#3 DomaGB

DomaGB

• Members
  • 509 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:35 PM

The safest place for all painted mini's is to send them to me. I will take good care of them. I promise, or I will send them back if I don't. ;)

• benstucky likes this

RoboRally, then Talisman. That's the way it is... ;)

#4 benstucky

benstucky

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:07 AM

The safest place for all painted mini's is to send them to me. I will take good care of them. I promise, or I will send them back if I don't. ;)

ROLF - Too funny - I won't send you figures but I have to send you something.  Email me for details - benstucky at hotmail dot com

#5 kain7th

kain7th

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:15 PM

http://www.saboldesi...ytransport.html
The best way. This is what I use for my 40K and Fantasy armies.

Another way is to buy egg crate foam and cut it to the size of a box and sandwich the minis in there. This is what I did when I was first starting into miniature games.

I use Gun Cases for smaller games. I got a bunch of them for dirt cheap a while back in 4 different sizes.

whoa crap. $90!

#6 Felis

Felis

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:35 PM

Like JediKnight said: any miniature wargame storage case will be perfect. Or you can look for the tool cases filled with pre-cut foam that you can tear out to fit different shapes and sizes. I got one of these at Home Depot, I think, for 40-50 bucks (it was some time ago so memory is fuzzy).

Edited by Felis, 13 May 2014 - 06:35 PM.

#7 Nioreh

Nioreh

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 06:02 PM

Fit cubed foam inserts into one or several talisman expansion boxes. Use spray-glue on the 'roof' or base the insert if you want it fixed.

Much cheaper than buying dedicated Warhammer boxes, works great and you'll get a really good looking box for the minis ;-)

#8 Rigmaster

Rigmaster

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 12:05 AM

I keep my painted miniatures in a small expansion box, covered in a piece of old fleece blanket. The rest of minitatures I keep crammed in another small expansion box. I'll probably get around to use more small expansion boxes for the painted minis when they increase in number.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS