List critique (80pts)

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Lyynark

Lyynark

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 06:34 AM

An 80pts tournament is coming up this sunday and I'm thinking of running the following list:

"Dutch" Vander
"Dutch" Vander/Y-Wing (23)
R2 Astromech (1)
Ion Cannon Turret (5)
22 points

Blue Squadron Pilot
Blue Squadron Pilot/B-Wing (22)
29 points

Outer Rim Smuggler
Outer Rim Smuggler/YT-1300 (27)
Anti-Pursuit Lasers (2)

The intent is to use Dutch to pass out Target Locks like candy while using the Ion cannon to force opposing ships to do "bad" manouvers. This is intended to work nicely with the ORS with the APL who will play heavliy on action denial as well as putting the occasional damage on colliding ships.

The B-wing is of course intended as a durable attacker.

#2 Stone37

Stone37

• Members
  • 876 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 06:37 AM

80 points?!  That seems to favor the Imperial side.  I think this list is smart; three tough ships, two turrets, and a B wing to lay down the hurt.  Start practicing now on how you'll handle 80 points worth of Tie-Fighters.

#3 Lyynark

Lyynark

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 06:45 AM

I think I'm mostly in the clear when it comes to TIE swarms. I know most of the players that are coming to the tournament and I don't anyone of them have enough TIE fighters to really make it count. One of my main worries is how to handle people with HLC since I've got agility one over the board.

I'm thinking about replacing the R2 astromech with the MF title card on the YT-1300 to make it more survivable, how does that sound?

#4 Stone37

Stone37

• Members
  • 876 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 06:51 AM

I'm thinking about replacing the R2 astromech with the MF title card on the YT-1300 to make it more survivable, how does that sound?

I, personally, don't like wasting my Y-1300's action on evading.  I need it to focus and make all of its hits count.  Having target locks and focus should really make the shots count.  This is an offense first list, keep it that way.  It is better to be really good at one thing, then mediocre at a few things.

80 points is ruff...  I'd love to get an Adv. sensor on the B-wing and Chewie as a crew member on the YT, but the points are not there.  I also do not think it is worth giving up Dutch to gain those upgrades.  Good list!  Good luck, let us know how you do.

#5 StevenO

StevenO

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:28 AM

I hope you do a good job guessing the the ORS so you can use it as a blocker with the APL.  Not really a lot more to say.

With 80 points I know two squads that come to mind very quickly as 100 point squad just drop a ship.

HSF - 1 fighter

Howlrunner + 5 Academy Pilots.

I can also see those three Rebel squads being pretty potent.

#6 Lyynark

Lyynark

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:52 AM

Wouldn't HSF be somewhat weak due to only having two ships. I'm counting on facing 3-5 ships depending on whether I play against rebels or imperial after the initial matchup. 

What are you refering to by "those three Rebel squads being pretty potent"?

• magadizer likes this

#7 blade_mercurial

blade_mercurial

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 06:23 AM

I think that would be a good idea for 2 reasons: the ORS is not your heavy hitter and is likely to survive to endgame where it may be useful, and with dutch giving him a TL (after the b is gone) he will only benefit from focus @ R1. Secondly, you don't want to be doing red moves with dutch since you lose opportunity to pass out TLs, so you shouldn't need the R2 on him hardly at all (just think about where your enemy is likely to go 1 or 2 rounds in advance so you can turn accordingly without the k-turn or hard 3 turns).

#8 Lyynark

Lyynark

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:19 AM

Since you wanted to know, I managed to win the tournament (eleven attending). The only change I made to the list was to replace the R2 astromech with the MF title card on the ORS.

Next tournament will be at 100pts and I will come back with some lists for you to criticize ;)

Thanks for the help.

#9 blade_mercurial

blade_mercurial

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:46 AM

Since you wanted to know, I managed to win the tournament (eleven attending). The only change I made to the list was to replace the R2 astromech with the MF title card on the ORS.

Next tournament will be at 100pts and I will come back with some lists for you to criticize ;)

Thanks for the help.

Well congrats on the win!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS