Is Arkham Horror finished

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Gio

Gio

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:46 PM

Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!Oh wait, that's one of the few non-FFG games I own. =PPoint taken. =)

Hmm..

"Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?"

#22 suicidepuppet

suicidepuppet

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 12:36 PM

So another year and Arkham lies abandoned at the end of a dark and lonely alley.

Just did the In-Flight video for GenCon 2014. They really need to change the name of the company to Fantasy Flight Toys. They even put up a graphic showing how 'toy' games are their big sellers now, followed by box games.

I have to admit I haven't been as pissed at a company as I am at FFG for years. First they turn out the EH abomination, then they drop an expansion for all the whiners who never stop bitching, even when they get their 'version' of AH and the final slap in the face - Mountains of Madness. AH fans BEGGED for this expansion and nobody listened.

I guess for their next level to piss me off they might as well rent a bus or plane, fly up to Providence, go out to the cemetery and just piss on Howard's grave. That would make the scene complete.

I just thought that TSR and WoTC sucked but they could take lessons from these guys.

F.u.c.k. you FFG and thanks for nothing. You have taught me a costly, but valuable, lesson.

Edited by suicidepuppet, 21 August 2014 - 12:37 PM.

#23 suicidepuppet

suicidepuppet

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:15 PM

And I just want to make this clear - this is not about Arkham Horror at this point. This is about a company who has repeatedly shown a lack of respect for the customers who helped build their company.

Being an Elder Sign fan I was disappointed that it took 2 YEARS to get a mediocre expansion for the game when Richard was quoted at Arkham Nights saying there would be not one but two expansions. So a two year wait and who is going to do the second expansion? Kevin is gone and Richard appears to have moved on with new projects as well (as noted by his recent Kickstarter success).

Another item is the attitude taken by the company of not informing the fans about what is going on with AH and even last year after being asked twice about AH said they don't talk about product lines' future and then proceeded to spend the next hour talking about other product lines' futures...that's BS.

There are other items I could list but won't out of the respect I have for others in the AH community but I believe those items are wrong as well.

This rant has been a long time comin' so before I am dismissed as just another 'Arkham fanboy' understand that this is about the way a company treats its customers in general not just a single product line.

Edited by suicidepuppet, 21 August 2014 - 04:54 PM.

#24 Steve-O

Steve-O

• Members
  • 4,648 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:57 PM

OK, well. That happened.

#25 The Professor

The Professor

• Members
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 03:15 PM

suicidepuppet,

Interestingly, Christian wasn't always like this, according to a friend of mine who knew him well 25 years ago when they both got into the business.  As a side rant, I'm frankly surprised by the gag-order they place on their beta-testers (speaking as a beta-tester for several wargame magazines and Compass Games).  They're not particularly user-friendly.

Cheers,

Joe

Edited by The Professor, 22 August 2014 - 03:17 PM.

The Professor

http://crafthulhu.squarespace.com

#26 tng88

tng88

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 12:47 AM

With the number of expansions the main game itself got, I would like to see small box expansions to go along with the board expansions or more themed ones for the main game.

#27 TonyACT

TonyACT

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 03:30 AM

Indeed - Arkham needs a Mountains of Madness expansion - it would sell zillions so I have no idea why they haven't done it.

#28 Wolfpack48

Wolfpack48

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 07:20 AM

I could see an Otherworlds expansion possibly as well.  Or even just the Dreamlands?

Edited by Wolfpack48, 11 October 2014 - 07:20 AM.

#29 John Bua

John Bua

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 06:13 PM

I would love a Mountains of Madness expansion.

• Shub-Niggurath likes this

#30 Jake yet again

Jake yet again

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 05:21 AM

Mountains of Madness: http://sendalink.wor...tic-expedition/ OR http://sendalink.wor...door-to-saturn/

Dreamlands: http://sendalink.wor...kham-nightmare/

Lovecraft Country Horror - A completely FREE Big Box expansion for Arkham Horror, exploring the minor locations of the Cthulhu Mythos. Contains: Lovecraft Country Board, 16 Investigators, 4 Ancient Ones, 16 Skills, 32 Common Items, 24 Unique Items, 10 Spells, 16 Music of Erich Zann cards, 76 Leads, 4 Allies, 32 Monsters, 24 Injuries and Madnesses, 54 Mythos Cards, 41 Outer World Encounters, 52 Location Encounters for each Neighbourhood.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS