Photo

Does Boba Fetts Scum Affiliation hurt his card?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#21 The Gas

The Gas

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 05:26 PM

When the new Mara comes out, I might try building a deck around her, the Emperor and Boba.  Six protectors will make him a good deal more viable.

#22 See Threebilbo

See Threebilbo

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 05:43 PM

I think that sounds interesting. 

I haven't played enough of the game to really warrant being listened to at this point, but off the top of my head, I sometimes think that both of the enhancements in the pod being 'Jabbable', so to speak, is interesting.  Heck, even for beefing up Jabba himself.

At least I'd be able to do a remake of the Aerosmith song: Jabba's Got a Gun.  Might be a chart-topper.

#23 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,430 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 06:58 PM

When the new Mara comes out, I might try building a deck around her, the Emperor and Boba.  Six protectors will make him a good deal more viable.

I'm only counting 4 protectors there (2 Royal Guards, 2 Shadow Guards).  You could toss in the BotF Mara and hope to use Join Me to grab a Guardian of the Peace for a 5th protector... then use Palpatine to grab Join Me back and grab another Guardian of the Peace for a 6th...

#24 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:08 PM

Boba Fett is thematic, but just not very playable. His icons are wrong for his ability. He has too little health. While the armor is a great card and gets Boba targeted strike, something like 50% or more of units die when he strikes them (i.e. wrong icon spread). He is elite and has good Force icons, but he is a sitting duck for just about everything. The worst thing is that if he is losing edge on purpose to use his ability, he (or a protector) is probably dying or getting focused out.

Welcome to the machine!

#25 The Gas

The Gas

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 04:48 AM

I'm only counting 4 protectors there (2 Royal Guards, 2 Shadow Guards).  You could toss in the BotF Mara and hope to use Join Me to grab a Guardian of the Peace for a 5th protector... then use Palpatine to grab Join Me back and grab another Guardian of the Peace for a 6th...

2 Shadow Guards per Mara pod IIRC.

#26 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,430 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 05:04 AM

2 Shadow Guards per Mara pod IIRC.

Nope, just 1.  We know card 1( the objective), 2 (Mara), 3 (Shadow Guard), 4 (Mara's saber), and 6 (Rage).  Card 5 will either be an enhancement or an event, but is definitely not a Shadow Guard.

#27 Keffisch

Keffisch

• Members
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 06:31 AM

One way to make him semi-viable would be to use the aforementioned protector units and then deliberately lose the Edge battle. This will allow Boba - barring any Heats of Battle and multiple enemy tactics icons - to (hopefully) stay alive long enough to capture a card.

But yeah, he could really do with a new version.

Edited by Keffisch, 14 March 2014 - 06:31 AM.

#28 See Threebilbo

See Threebilbo

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 08:09 AM

I agree.  We're going to be seeing (and have seen!) new versions of a few iconic characters.  Let's hope Fett makes the list, as well!

• GroggyGolem likes this

#29 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,430 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:58 AM

Fett is the iconic S&V character in much the same way as Luke is for Jedi/Rebels and Vader is for Sith/Imperials (hard to limit those characters to a single affiliation).  I'm sure we'll see more versions of him in the future.

• GroggyGolem likes this

#30 The Gas

The Gas

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 08:11 PM

I could definitely see a Navy version of Boba.  The objective could be called Government Contract or something.  Sith maybe not, just like a Rebel version of Luke would be fine (in fact the Hoth pilot version probably should have been Rebel), but a S&S Luke would be weird.

#31 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,430 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 08:46 PM

I doubt that Boba will switch affiliations on us, but I'm sure we'll see more versions of him.

#32 GroggyGolem

GroggyGolem

• Members
  • 810 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:20 PM

I doubt that Boba will switch affiliations on us, but I'm sure we'll see more versions of him.

Considering there are two Jedi versions of Luke, I can see more than 1 Scum version of Boba Fett.

Rebels: 3 X-Wing, 1 Y-Wing, 1 A-Wing, 1 B-Wing, 1 YT-1300

Imperials: 5 TIE/LN, 1 TIE/ADV, 1 TIE/IN, 1 Firespray-31

#33 See Threebilbo

See Threebilbo

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:00 PM

Perhaps, but isn't it in the very nature of, shall we say, the more questionable characters in S&V to switch sides at the drop of a hat?  X3 

Though Boba is one of those awesome, hardcore and principled bounty hunters...

Edited by See Threebilbo, 14 March 2014 - 10:00 PM.

#34 GroggyGolem

GroggyGolem

• Members
  • 810 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:42 AM

Perhaps, but isn't it in the very nature of, shall we say, the more questionable characters in S&V to switch sides at the drop of a hat?  X3 

Though Boba is one of those awesome, hardcore and principled bounty hunters...

Luke was not just a Jedi and yet both the versions of him are Jedi Affiliated.

#35 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,430 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:01 AM

We've seen a Rebel version of Han, I'm sure that a Rebel version of Luke is coming eventually.

#36 GroggyGolem

GroggyGolem

• Members
  • 810 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:09 AM

We've seen a Rebel version of Han, I'm sure that a Rebel version of Luke is coming eventually.

I get that, I‘m just saying in regards to the idea of the next Boba Fett being of a different affiliation. I think we would see another Scum version of him first.

#37 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:55 AM

It's too bad Boba couldn't receive errata with 3 capacity, and (if necessary) his armor with only +2 capacity.

#38 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,430 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 12:40 PM

I get that, I‘m just saying in regards to the idea of the next Boba Fett being of a different affiliation. I think we would see another Scum version of him first.
I agree there (and think I said the same myself) :-)
  • GroggyGolem likes this

#39 See Threebilbo

See Threebilbo

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:26 PM

I think so, too.  I was just saying he's tricksy.  XP

#40 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,430 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 02:28 PM

Sith Boba! With a Lightsaber! Because Sith needs more good cards :-)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS