Spokane Washington Uncle's Games

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#61 Sylvermouse

Sylvermouse

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:31 PM

Still have not heard back from them or any other dept concerning The failure and refusal to correct the failure of hosting the regionals almost out of area instead just a few hour away from the other regional in Idaho instead of near the coast for oregon and washington where all the population is.

I sent a letter to every dept that they listed for mailing and 2 diffrent depts acknowledged receipt of email and also forwarded it on to orginized play. Still Nothing from those COWARDLY WOMP RATS in OP who have yet respond to one of the email sent in or transfered to them internally. will keep this post updated on thier lack of response and lack ... neigghhhh.... refusal to be responsible for this mess up

Edited by Sylvermouse, 13 May 2014 - 02:36 PM.

• CatPeeler likes this

#62 Jo Jo

Jo Jo

• Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 02:21 PM

<- Another Seattle area player that is not driving across the state to attend the Regional. -_-

• Sylvermouse likes this

"And then, we'll remind the Rebellion what war is all about." 

#63 Sylvermouse

Sylvermouse

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 02:48 PM

This is the reply i finally got after an Email campain to get an answer. They wanted seattle and ONLY seattle, not anywhere else. Portland has been discounted by them as a host location for the events. So although our area stores (Oregon) applied, they didnt want us is the real answer
Reply follows below ................................

Hello David,

As Steve Horvath, our SVP of Communications, discussed with retailers at the GAMA trade show, we did not receive any applications in the Seattle area. This must due to some issues with the software we used to collect applications. We have taken steps, including adding an email confirmation system, to prevent this for future event applications.

Of the applications we did receive we felt like we picked the locations that presented the best case for running the events. 

I'm sorry that you are unhappy with the selections for Regionals this year. The improvements to the application process will help us get the full picture of who would like to host events going forward.

Thank you,

Stuart Wilson
Organized Play Associate
Here is another direct link to OP to let them know what they have done and why they have a large group of people mad about the placement and discounting of portland/salem area as viable to host an event    organizedplay@fantasyflightgames.com

Edited by Sylvermouse, 14 May 2014 - 03:25 PM.

#64 Sylvermouse

Sylvermouse

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:36 PM

MY Reply

Hello Stuart,

This does explain what the miscommunications at GAMA was then, when he said "in area", he meant only Seattle, NOT the northwest market area. I would suggest your boss googles this term into a browser "portland oregon event venues" and also takes a look at the map of the northwest and realize that not only is Portland Oregon the most Centralized location in the area, but it also has a wealth of game stores. I don't live in portland or game in portland normally, but it is by far the best option as a number 2 spot in the area. I can not imagine what must have been the thought process behind Spokane being the number 2 location. maybe you can explain that to us !

P.S. they also might want to publish an apology to all the retailers (In northwest Oregon) for that miscommunications to them saying that "They didn't put in a request"" and "We are sorry, but we have discounted you as a location for Large events, so please don't apply next year"

Edited by Sylvermouse, 14 May 2014 - 03:39 PM.

#65 Sylvermouse

Sylvermouse

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 04:26 PM

Hello David,

Thanks for your feedback, I will definitely pass it along and use it when considering Regionals next year. Please let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Yes Stuart,

There is one thing you can do, If it is too late to ADD (and that is the only real solution) an event in the area to smooth ruffled feathers, I would send a suggestion that on the big events you have a rep come out to our area and wave the flag around or work with the game stores in this area and do exclusive Preview Events so they feel valued again by your company.

• Jo Jo likes this

#66 Jo Jo

Jo Jo

• Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 06:17 PM

The 4 hour round trip to Portland is way more easier to work out than the nearly 9 hour round trip to Spokane for anyone in the Seattle area. 

• Sylvermouse likes this

"And then, we'll remind the Rebellion what war is all about." 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS