Photo

What Lovecraft stories should I read that relate to Eldritch Horror?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Dr.Fumbles

Dr.Fumbles

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:16 PM

I imagine the game being even more fun when you understand all the references it makes to the stories.  I've read The "Dunwich Horror", and "Call of Cthulhu" so far.  

#2 KPhan2121

KPhan2121

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 12:07 AM

Shadow Over Innsmouth is a good read

Edited by KPhan2121, 12 March 2014 - 12:07 AM.

#3 Husker949

Husker949

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:02 AM

The Color Out of Space, At The Mountains of Madness, to name a few more.

• GreenFlame likes this

#4 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:29 AM

Read all!!!
  • Devon Greatwolf likes this

Wizard is never late.......

Glaurung playtrough LOTR LCG on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/user/olegyd   

#5 Jake yet again

Jake yet again

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 06:16 AM

Shadows over Innsmouth is probably Lovecraft's most accessible story, and the one I'd recommend as a starter.

If you're looking for stories that place outside of Arkham and its environs, try The Rats in the Wall (England), At the Mountains of Madness (Antarctica), Imprisoned with the Pharaohs (Egypt) or Winged Death (Southern Africa)

Lovecraft Country Horror - A completely FREE Big Box expansion for Arkham Horror, exploring the minor locations of the Cthulhu Mythos. Contains: Lovecraft Country Board, 16 Investigators, 4 Ancient Ones, 16 Skills, 32 Common Items, 24 Unique Items, 10 Spells, 16 Music of Erich Zann cards, 76 Leads, 4 Allies, 32 Monsters, 24 Injuries and Madnesses, 54 Mythos Cards, 41 Outer World Encounters, 52 Location Encounters for each Neighbourhood.

#6 Dr.Fumbles

Dr.Fumbles

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 05:58 PM

I just started reading At the Mountains of Madness today.  I immediately recognized the connection between the story and the Antarctica Expedition encounters in EH. This game is fun, and knowing the lore makes it so much better. 

• Angelic Despot likes this

#7 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:54 PM

I just started reading At the Mountains of Madness today.  I immediately recognized the connection between the story and the Antarctica Expedition encounters in EH. This game is fun, and knowing the lore makes it so much better.

This book is really good. Recomend also shadowof time. There a lot of things in EH related

Wizard is never late.......

Glaurung playtrough LOTR LCG on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/user/olegyd   

#8 Dr.Fumbles

Dr.Fumbles

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:32 PM

I created a similar thread over on boardgamegeeks.com that has been more active, and is a lot more informative.  here is a link to it.  

http://boardgamegeek...ead-that-relate

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS