I'm new here and read a really cool article rating the Deluxe expansions. Just so you know, FFG dropped the Asylum Packs for CoC and kept only the Deluxe expansions for future releases. From what I read here's a cool way to start:
- 2nd core set: I'm really not a fan of this approach but know it's value. I play lots of Netrunner causally and in a ranked league and I don't even have a second core set. The only difference with CoC core set is that is comes only with 1 copy of each cards. It was FFG first LCG so they changed their views of this later on but a second core set for CoC, even for casual play, seem to be a good buy.
- Secrets of Arhkam (WAIT FOR THE REPRINT COMING SOON): Secret of Arkham is a deluxe expansion that is being reprinted and will come with 3 of each card. Like I read in an article, SoA can be seen as a core set booster. Lots of great card and a new Story deck for more variety.
- Terror in Venice: Same as Secrets of Arkham except it doesn't come with Story cards but add many Conspiracy cards. I bought it along the Core set last week since TiV is highly regarded by CoC fans and add many great cards in the mix.
- The Shifting Sands Asylum Pack (If you can find it): I'm looking for this one since it's a rare asylum pack that add 12 new Story Cards. Not a must have since Secrets of Arkham will do the same and more but if you can find it i'd say it's a good buy.
- As for the other Deluxe expansions, it's up to you after you read this nice article: http://www.cardgamed...collection-r998
Since i'm new I can't really comment on deckbuilding much so i'll leave this to vets!
I'm playing my first game tonight, can't wait to see how it goes. I hope the theme will drool from everywhere like it does with Netrunner and hope it'll be liked in my group. Game look great with simple rules and great components and theme.