Photo

Anima corerules 2nd Edition - any chance for this ever being translated?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Kainan

Kainan

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:11 PM

There seems to be a second edition in spain, so i was wondering if FFG plans on translating that anytime soon? Or are we stuck with the old 1st Edition forever (aka the Anima RPG does not sell well enough for a 2nd Ed)?

I'm sorry if this has been asked a thousand times already...i'm kind of new to this rpg and these forums.

#2 Nurddude

Nurddude

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 08:51 AM

It has been debated back and forth, but most people hope and think that they will eventually translate Core Exxet. If not, a community member will create a really nice home translation for the rest of us who can't read spanish.

#3 cdcace

cdcace

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 06:51 AM

It has been debated back and forth, but most people hope and think that they will eventually translate Core Exxet. If not, a community member will create a really nice home translation for the rest of us who can't read spanish.

I Have a feeling a community member is the more likely possibility, as FFG has done a fine job of making what, 2-3 reprint versions of the original core rule book, instead of Core Exxet.

#4 Tashiro

Tashiro

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:10 PM

The rules in Core Exxet have been translated and can be found online.  They list the changes to mechanics, to skills, and to spells.  The thing is, Core Exxet should have been translated before any of the other sourcebooks - the other sourcebooks use the Core Exxet rules (specifically, the Dominion of Ki, Arcana Exxet, and Prometheus Exxet).

#5 kplate

kplate

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 11:46 PM

I would love to buy the new book in english.

#6 EvilChildren

EvilChildren

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 12:58 AM

https://drive.google...UFk&usp=sharing

I did not make this. But I found it on the official Anima Forums.

Edited by EvilChildren, 22 June 2014 - 12:59 AM.

#7 kplate

kplate

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 09:23 AM

I would love to get this book in english.

#8 ilovecheese1

ilovecheese1

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 12:37 PM

As always I'd love to support FFG if they brought the newest rules over in english. I would only recommend they don't use the translators that did Promethium, as that was kind of a trainwreck that needed around 10 pages of corrections/errata on the official forums.

https://drive.google...UFk&usp=sharing

I did not make this. But I found it on the official Anima Forums.

Glad you found them! I would be happy to have people use these rules in their game, but if/when core exxet is translated I would recommend people use the official texts and support FFG (and I will probably remove those files from that drive when that happens).

Also If it would be better for FFG from a cost perspective I would be completely for a watermarked PDF limited release. I already have all of the other books this way since it's really nice and convenient for me, and it would possibly allow them to gauge interest in an actual print run, which can be expensive. 

#9 Rapier

Rapier

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:37 AM

I would buy it. despite using the fan translation.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS