No Goes in WFRP

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 GMmL

GMmL

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:49 AM

I'm not a fan of tech at the table, but I endure it because that's how the Kids roll.

• Keeop and PiltharShokmeister like this

#22 dvang

dvang

• Members
  • 2,239 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:58 PM

Re: #6.

WFRP is intended, when using the henchmen rules, to give life to EPIC and HEROIC scene-stealing actions.  Legolas and Gimli at Helms Deep as the most notable example.  Scenes where the heroes are literally wading through scores of enemies.

So, IMO, yes, one arrow CAN kill 3 henchmen.  It was an amazing shot that went through 3 of them. Or, perhaps the shot hit one, knocking that one into the other two and taking them off the edge of the cliff, wall, etc. and killing the other two as well.  Or, perhaps the arrow killed the first henchman, causing that henchman's sword to stab sideways into another henchman, causing a domino effect, etc.

There are many story-plausible ways to explain it happening, that feel EPIC to the players.  That is the primary intent behind henchmen in the first place.

Edited by dvang, 19 March 2014 - 04:58 PM.

#23 reg

reg

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:19 PM

One big rule, no funny accents; if you use one, lose it quick or I will ensure you will die sharpish. (Completely arbitrary rule, accents are such a pain to remember and the player (or GM) tends to think they're on Live at the Apollo. Excruciating. We are laughing AT you, not with you).

#24 GMmL

GMmL

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 01:30 PM

Do all of the player characters and NPC's sound like Ben Stein?

#25 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,066 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:42 PM

The only accent I can't take is when someone plays a low int character or ogre and plays them as a mentally retarded person, otherwise I can handle most accents.  Heck, I ran "With a little help from my friends", which has Alphonse "the Belgian sounding gnome, and ran it on Skype with a BELGIAN player!  He says I didn't do so bad, but I probably sounded like a German attempting a BIG TEXAS USA accent ;)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS