OCTGN Unofficial Set - Thugs to the Rescue

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

• Members
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 05:43 PM

Good day, good sirs! I'm proud to present you an OCTGN exclusive "Thugs to the Rescue" custom player card set, featuring new Thug character trait and Mischief event trait and their full support all-around with some stuff for outside of trait machinations and synergies. This set contains 10 new heroes, 20 new allies, 10 new attachments and 14 new events to boost your options in a fight against the Dark Lord. 

Promotional stuff aside, this was inspired by a "Creative Artwork Cards" thread from the FFG forums, when I did a few thugy allies for the sake of it and I started to get ideas one after one until they overwhelmed me and this "expansion" was a result. Here's the pictures:

http://imgur.com/a/9EIyh#0

I'll be honored if you'll check it out. I'll be even more honored if you'll install it and give it a spin. And I'll be happiest person in the world if you would leave any comments and/or suggestions about it, regardless of what it is: unfitting art, balance problems, misspelling or bad wording and etc.

Here is the set iself:

https://www.dropbox....3cz2w1/Sets.rar

To install the set, navigate to MyDocuments\OCTGN\GameDatabase\a21af4e8-be4b-4cda-a6b6-534f9717391f\ and drop there the "Sets" folder from the Sets.rar. Overwrite any conflicts and stuff.

Thanks for your time.

Edited by MyNeighbourTrololo, 21 March 2014 - 06:23 AM.

#2 legolas18

legolas18

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 06:17 PM

Wow! You must have put a lot of work into this. Nice job!

Playing an intense scenario, on the last stage, right when you notice you've been playing with two Bofurs the whole time.

#3 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

• Members
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:20 AM

Why yes, I had. Thank you. Took me plenty of time.

#4 noctum

noctum

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:32 AM

Hi

looks good, i totally love "lust of wealth" cant wait to put it on Thranduil:) But sholdent it be resouces instead of cards that trigger it with Beravor or Gleovine its extremly powerfull i think on the other hand errand rider makes it bonkes also. Northen mercenary has a typo in the name. I also like that Dale has made an apperance in the set. All in all good work but proably needs to be playtested and louse some of its power, just my to cents.

Edited by noctum, 04 March 2014 - 04:34 AM.

Minas Tirith shall not fall!

#5 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

• Members
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:02 AM

Hi. I limited lust of wealth to once per phase, we'll see if it's gonna be enough. Cards are some sort of wealth, because without them - you'll be stuck with a pile of resources.

Thanks for the typo, will edit as soon as I arrive home. 

Not probably - it needs to be playtested for sure, I doubt even professional game designer can release balanced product without playtests, and I'm nowhere near that :lol:

Thanks for your response.

#6 joezim007

joezim007

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:25 AM

I'm not sure why anyone would ever play Stalking It...

Otherwise there are tons of great cards in there. I'd love to have the time to playtest them all and give you feedback... if only.

Maybe I should just go through and help you fix all the typos I find at least.

Edited by joezim007, 04 March 2014 - 11:29 AM.

I once shot an arrow through the pupil of a pig's eye from 300 yards away! Sadly, I was aiming for a different pig.

#7 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

• Members
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:58 AM

About Stalking it... the wording is "Put Into Play", so if you're afraid of some nasty "When Revealed" effect from monster - you search for it and deal with it without any when revealed, as monster technically never revealed. It's a planning action, so if there is some really strong adversary you never want to deal with - you can search for it and immediately slap it with Forest Snare.

These are first two I came up with when you asked the question.

I'd be very greatful, thanks.

#8 Noccus

Noccus

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:50 PM

Nicely done trololo!

laying low is my favorite.
I can really see that card happening in the real game, but with any character.
The way the card lets you "pay" by exhausting characters instead of using recourses is just great.
And so I think it's cost of 1 is spot on too.

Great card. Make it happen FFG! Or face my utter helplessness in any influence whatsoever!
"Not all those who wander are lost"

#9 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

• Members
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:53 PM

Note that you pick a player to reduce his threat by 2 for each character you exhausted, so you can potentially reduce 3 people's threat by 2 each or one playes by 4 and another's by 2, aside from straight single player 6 threat reduction - all given if you exhausted maximum of 3 charaters to pay for this ability.

#10 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

• Members
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 01:44 PM

Updated, with some new cards and fixes/reworks to the old ones.

#11 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

• Members
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:23 AM

There was some wierd issue with imgur which led to the display of outdated images. Fixed now.

#12 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 07:44 AM

Respect a big job, sure you put your heart and will on that.

But my policy i play only official things……..

Anyway respect for your job

Wizard is never late.......

Glaurung playtrough LOTR LCG on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/user/olegyd   

#13 karagh

karagh

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:13 AM

Looks really good and balanced.

#14 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

• Members
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 03:42 AM

Thanks. I'm actively tasting it, I think there is some overwhelming cards in need to be toned down and underwhelming waiting to get boosted.

#15 ZanzibarLand

ZanzibarLand

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 02:14 AM

Any plans to make the other two Stewards Fear villains into heroes? The redeemed trait is something I never thought of.
I'm sure you'd do a better job than me so I won't suggest anything. I did like how you keep the same type of action for the Hand. So you could use threat for the Daughter and top of deck cards for the Bane.

And of course, awesome job on all these cool cards.

#16 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

• Members
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 05:42 AM

The main problem of turning villians into heroes is art. There is high resolution art of Hand on the internet. But I haven't seen any of Daughter or Bane. 

• ZanzibarLand likes this

#17 Mndela

Mndela

• Members
  • 683 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 06:40 AM

You dont need so high resolution. Reduce first the template and after put on the image. The enough resolution you need is about the final job image... normally less then 500píxels.

Edited by Mndela, 11 May 2014 - 06:40 AM.

A wizard is never late..., he arrives precisely when it is the last round

#18 Sinamil

Sinamil

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 05:21 PM

A Saruman hero with the Redeemed trait could interesting as well.

• ZanzibarLand likes this

#19 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

• Members
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 02:42 AM

Redeemed Saruman would be a re-written history. Saruman ally we have right now is the Saruman before the exposure, as Grima is. 

#20 Sinamil

Sinamil

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 06:21 PM

Yes, I understand it would be a fictional character, just thought it would be interesting.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS