Can members of the ecclisiarchy marry?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 venkelos

venkelos

• Members
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:18 AM

On thing there, for the Tau. The Tau are rather flexible in their requirements to be a part of their group. What they want you to view of the Emperor is, in many ways, no different than you already do, if you've already gotten past the "purge the alien" part. The Tau don't force you to change your religion to theirs, but merely adapt it, sort of like Rome keeping new acquisitions happy, and not purging all their beliefs wholesale. For the most part, you can still give praise to Him on the Golden Throne. Whether this flexibility stems from a lack of their own central religion (sort of), or from just wanting to pacify Humans long enough to get some work out of them, before they die, is up for debate.

I'd argue that you sort of have to be a hunched up psyker, IF you are sanctioned. That process has some hefty side effects, and your GM might not accept "just" some Insanity points, or whatever, and the Sou-Binding is in addition to that. Sure, you could pick up some cutie Rogue Psyker on the streets of _____, like Hadarak Fel did with Lady Ash, or what have you, but a story that involves a trip to Holy Terra, years of suffering and tests, and possibly an audience before Him, should probably show some on the body of that character. As for Navigators, whole stories can be written on trying to avoid mutation (I've done it), or embracing it in a way that almost screams Slaanesh worship. I've burned up long blocks of text psychologically and socially explaining both sides of that issue, so I won't again.

#22 Annaamarth

Annaamarth

• Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:51 AM

Those sound like fun blocks of text.

Vis-a-vis psykers being hunched, you are one hundred percent right that sanctioned psykers should be dramatically affected by the ordeal...

RIP AND TEAR THROUGH THE TIDE OF BLOOD WITH BATTLESUIT PILOT. SUPLEX HIVE TYRANTS. DO WHATEVER, YOU'RE PILOTING A HUGE-ASS MECHA.

-Errant, on how Rogue Trader ought to be played

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS