New Way to Play

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 etherial

etherial

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 01:33 PM

I have played Magic and while I have tons of useless cards, I also have cards I've sold for $40, cards I've traded away, and cards that I've put into standard decks.  I've also given my unwanted cards to younger players who have used those in decks.  None of those are options with this draft method. Drafted magic cards can be used due to the design of the overall game, while in a LCG they cannot (unless you are doing some weird ass starter deck "just to see" but due to Netrunner's complex rules I doubt that there will be a lot of people drafting who don't already play).  Drafting with Magic also costs about $15 and this is $20 if you already have your starter.  The price point just seems REALLY out of whack for what is a game you play once. 

There's no rule that says you're not allowed to have more than one deck constructed.

#22 federicolatini

federicolatini

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:05 PM

In our facebook community (italian) we were complaining about the same issues you wrote here and we came up with a simple yet (imho) very neat idea to justify netrunner drafts price: alt art.

If in drafts you could find alt art card instead of future releases cards, nobody will ever complain anymore about the price of draft packs, people could even buy those packs for the sake of finding this kind of cards (and that would be a shame). 

However, we (italian community) decided to write something to FFG and here I am, Do you think FFG people that counts will have the opportunuity to read this suggestion or there are some more direct ways to do it?

And moreover, do you think alt arts could justify the dear price or not?

thanks in advance

Federico

#23 etherial

etherial

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:10 PM

I would write to FFG directly.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS