Store championship

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 bobbywhiskey

bobbywhiskey

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 08:10 PM

So a local store is running a store championship tournament, but claims it will be single elim and not swiss, is this legal? Been digging through floor ruels trying to find something applicable to this.

#2 Dexter1258

Dexter1258

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 10:56 PM

Be lucky u have tourney. No one plays here : (

#3 nungunz

nungunz

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:41 AM

Our tournament just ran 4 rounds of Swiss and no eliination. Straight elimination is weird, I'd send an email to FFG support abut it

#4 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 2,994 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 09:52 AM

Technically the store can use whatever format it wants but that is a weird choice.

#5 frybender

frybender

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:00 AM

It is weird but why wouldn't it be legal?

#6 Grimwalker

Grimwalker

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 02:19 PM

NOT LEGAL.

http://www.fantasyfl...ament Rules.pdf

Under "Tournament and Match Structure," Swiss format is mandated.

#7 RuneSmith

RuneSmith

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:32 PM

The rules state they apply to officially sanctioned tournaments. If its just an informal, in store event (which appears to be the case here) then there is nothing stopping them doing a straight slim.

#8 nungunz

nungunz

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:12 PM

Store Championships are official FFG sanctioned tournaments (as is in the OP's case).  IE, they must use swiss, elimination afterwards is optional.

• Grimwalker likes this

#9 RuneSmith

RuneSmith

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 04:24 AM

If the store goes ahead and does its own thing, I doubt that FFG could actually do anything about it if they wanted to. I also suspect they would not do anything anyway as it would lose them a customer/supplier.

#10 etherial

etherial

• Members
  • 284 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:47 AM

If the store goes ahead and does its own thing, I doubt that FFG could actually do anything about it if they wanted to. I also suspect they would not do anything anyway as it would lose them a customer/supplier.

FFG could remove them from the list of stores allowed to have Championships and  Regionals.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS