Colonist Book next, please!

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#1 Desslok

Desslok

• Members
  • 1,399 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 11:08 AM

Well, with Dangerous Covenants just out, we only have one more Edge book in the upcoming releases pipeline. So it's probably time to announce "Hey! Here's whats next." right?

After an exhaustive and completely non-biased poll of every player with a Politico character in my office cubical, there was 100% unanimous consent that you should announce the Colonist source book next. If you could get right on that, Powers That Be, that would be awesome!

Edited by Desslok, 28 February 2014 - 11:17 AM.

• Doc, the Weasel, progressions, I. J. Thompson and 5 others like this

#2 Internutt

Internutt

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 11:24 AM

Unfortunately, it looks like after Jewel of Yavin, EotE will take a short break as AoR's beginner game, GM screen and Core rulebook are released in April, possibly May.

Hope I'm wrong though, I want both games to have simultaneous releases.

#3 Agatheron

Agatheron

• Members
  • 500 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:06 PM

FFG tends not to talk about future releases, but it's been a while since the last official announcement on any SWRPG release. I think the beginner game was the last official. I have no idea whether Edge will get a pause for when Age of Rebellion is released.

Official Contributor: Age of Rebellion: Stay on Target

#4 Jamwes

Jamwes

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:27 PM

I'm currently playing two characters. One's a Politico and the other's a Doctor. Can I have two votes for the Colonist book to be next?

• Desslok, MonCalamariAgainstDrunkDriving, cvtheoman and 2 others like this

#5 Tanarri

Tanarri

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:37 PM

I'm currently playing two characters. One's a Politico and the other's a Doctor. Can I have two votes for the Colonist book to be next?

Same here

• MonCalamariAgainstDrunkDriving likes this

#6 Desslok

Desslok

• Members
  • 1,399 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:38 PM

I see no problem with this. As they say at election time "Vote early, vote often!"

• cvtheoman likes this

#7 That Blasted Samophlange

That Blasted Samophlange

• Members
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:44 PM

I would also like to see the colonist book. We can get the new entertainer, herder and ranger specialties.
You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point if EU.

#8 Crimson Death

Crimson Death

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 01:07 PM

Bounty Hunter or Colonist.

#9 Doc, the Weasel

Doc, the Weasel

Pretending to be many, many things.

• Members
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 03:12 PM

I'm assuming we will hear something soon now that Dangerous Covenants has hit stores.

Listen to my actual play podcasts at BeggingForXP.com.

Take a look at my Talent Trees (Edge of the Empire and Age of Rebellion), YT-2400 deck plans for the Lazy Bantha, as well as my other handouts.

#10 FangGrip

FangGrip

• Members
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 03:41 PM

I'm assuming we will hear something soon now that Dangerous Covenants has hit stores.

I doubt it.  It seems that the production lines for the three SW RPGs are mixed together.  I do hope that I am wrong however.  It would be luverly to have two new game books a month.

Check out a truly universal RPG with Free Starter Rules at www.AlphaChronicles.com!

Check out the Consummate Gamer Blog for everything that isn't Alpha Chronicles.

#11 CrunchyDemon

CrunchyDemon

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 05:19 PM

FFG is always playtesting stuff, guys.

• cvtheoman likes this

Proud member of the Gand Anti-Defamation League.

#12 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

• Members
  • 979 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 05:28 PM

you should announce the Colonist source book next. If you could get right on that, Powers That Be, that would be awesome!

WORD.  :D

#13 DavenQuint

DavenQuint

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 06:24 PM

First question right out of the gates: Is there any reason to believe that EotE material is going to stop altogether with AoR coming out?

Also, I was doing some speculation on other Career Sourcebooks and what species would go with them.

For the Colonist, I figured the following would make a nice rounded selection:

• Gran: We know they're one of the starting 8 Playable Species in Age of Rebellion, but EtU included the Duros for play in EotE. Also, given their relative peacefulness, their history of colonizing other worlds, and their familiarity to the player base.
  • Ithorian: Same as the Gran, they're one of the starting 8 Playable Species in AoR. They have a long history of galactic integration and travels throughout the Outer Rim and are a mainstay species for the player base.
  • Arkanian: While being near-human, their penchant for science and genetic manipulation makes them an interesting player choice and a more exotic option to play. They are also known to travel in order to obtain knowledge for their experiments which would fit in well with both the Doctor/Scholar backgrounds embedded within the Colonist profession.

"You can always count on a Hutt to do whatever is in his best interest--even when it's not." -Colten Zurey

#14 Lathrop

Lathrop

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 06:30 PM

Nobody thinks EotE content will stop. The question is whether we're going to be getting 1 book a month total (which will be shared by Eote and AoR, until FaD releases, then it gets added to the mix), or if we'll start getting 2 (then 3 with FaD) a month total (one for each core).

And while we would assume that it makes more sense for them to do 2 a month - the fact that there's been nothing announced for EotE for the May & June (which is when the AoR Beginner Game and Core will be), leaves people wondering.

#15 Ineti

Ineti

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 07:45 PM

How Smuggler hasn't been addressed yet is beyond me. Feels like the ideal to focus on for EOTE.

I might be biased.

#16 Donovan Morningfire

Donovan Morningfire

Looking for a saint? Look elsewhere.

• Members
  • 3,892 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 08:06 PM

I'd like to see Colonist as the next career sourcebook.

Dono's Gaming & Etc Blog - http://jedimorningfire.blogspot.com/

"You worry about those drink vouchers, I'll worry about that bar tab!"

#17 FootNote

FootNote

• Members
  • 257 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 08:18 PM

Honestly, all the non-combat rolls could use some love.

"Everything Flows down leash...." -Anonymous 

FootNote's Custom Droids

#18 DavenQuint

DavenQuint

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 08:43 PM

If I were king for a day, FFG would do Colonist, Smuggler, Bounty Hunter, and Technician. In that order. And the Playable Species I'd add for each would be:

Colonist

• Gran
  • Ithorian
  • Arkanian

Smuggler

• Sullustan
  • Devaronian
  • Gotal

Bounty Hunter

• Zabrak
  • Cathar
  • Ubese

Technician

• Mon Calamari
  • Verpine
  • Squib

• CrunchyDemon likes this

"You can always count on a Hutt to do whatever is in his best interest--even when it's not." -Colten Zurey

#19 Doc, the Weasel

Doc, the Weasel

Pretending to be many, many things.

• Members
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 09:17 PM

I doubt it.  It seems that the production lines for the three SW RPGs are mixed together.  I do hope that I am wrong however.  It would be luverly to have two new game books a month.

I'm not sure they are merging the production schedules. Even if they did, we still have a spot for May (assuming AoR in June, which is in line with the original EotE release, at least before the delay).

Listen to my actual play podcasts at BeggingForXP.com.

Take a look at my Talent Trees (Edge of the Empire and Age of Rebellion), YT-2400 deck plans for the Lazy Bantha, as well as my other handouts.

#20 DavenQuint

DavenQuint

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 10:07 PM

Gunslinger will be one for sure. As for Colonist, I can think of a Baron/Noble profession that acts as a leader/wealthy patron. Other than that, I'm drawing a blank...

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS