Creature Creation with Magic

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Kushala

Kushala

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:28 PM

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this regardless but I just have a couple questions about creature creation using the Creation path spells. I know that I have to buy all the stats and such using DP but I was just wondering if they also had CP to spend on traits? If not, would this change if they were to be given a soul through the high magic spell Provide Soul?

#2 Prinnygod

Prinnygod

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:52 PM

I think(Im not entirely sure, i have some experience on that but never made advsntages an option) that you cant apply creation points on creatures you make, since thats the point on buying abilities on the chapter 26, cause those are the advantages you choose and disadvantages also, eaven if you would give them a soul(Wich idk how you can make yourself have 25 of Gnosis to grant you acces to the high magic spells) it woudnt affect if the creature gets to spend CP's, cause (i repeat) thats what the chapter 6 is about, you can buy them "the gift" or acces to psy powers and a lot mores tuff, hope this helps =D

#3 cdcace

cdcace

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 02:41 AM

First of all, no i do not believe Created Beings get CP, with or without a soul as they are able to purchase the Advantages/Disadvantages with DP. Now if for some reason a Created being with a soul got a higher Gnosis that granted them more CP then yes, they can have that.

And Prinnygod, their are quite a few ways to unlock High Magic. First and easiest way is to learn the Chimera Spell which grants you 25 Gnosis or use the like spell in Necromancy Surpass Death which can be a little more complicated. Also if you use the Metamagic Arcana Sheripah, Arcane Knowledge path, its highest metamagic is High Magic. 

Although i say that no a Created Being can't get the normal starting CP, if I was the GM i would be willing to reason with a player who wanted to create a being and give it a soul. If they made a deal that they wouldn't use any DP on Advantages or Disadvantages I would allow them to use the normal starting CP. Although in my opinion that would be a waste.

#4 Kushala

Kushala

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 06:51 AM

Figured that would be the case, might ask if he'd allow it for when they level to appropriate levels after creation but we'll see. My character made a creature that has a soul as much like a human as they could and they are treated as the characters daughter, figured I'd ask just to make sure I got it right with her creation.

#5 Latoshi

Latoshi

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 08:23 AM

cdcace I would have to say the chimera spell is very situational depending on setting and carries its own risk. As the first problem I tend to use settings where the magical community (Those composed of the mages) See it as taboo to use such magic and is usually met with harsh punishment. As for the second thing by giving up your humanity to become a being between worlds, you are now susceptible to summoning, which there really is no resistance to. You can be summoned bound and controlled by others.

People are not failures simply because they try and fail.

Only when they fail and give up have they truely failed.

#6 Nurddude

Nurddude

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 08:52 AM

Just a note: Any non-natural MR bonuses can be used to resist summoning.

#7 cdcace

cdcace

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:11 AM

Well if this player was in your games, then I could see why it wouldn't  be wise to use such spells, but the point wasn't to talk about the drawbacks of such spells, I was just stating their are ways to get 25Gnosis. Frankly in general Anima lore, I'd be more worried about the inquisition finding out. True it does make you susceptible to summoning powers, so that can be a major drawback. And Nurddude is correct about the any non-natural MR bonuses being able to be used to resist.

Edited by cdcace, 01 March 2014 - 07:13 AM.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS