Photo

What did you get after YOUR first Core Set?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 SpectreSix

SpectreSix

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 03:59 PM

For me, it was the X-wing and A-wing (It counts since I got them at the same time)

My brothers... one got the Y-wing and the Firespray, the other one got the Millennium Falcon and the TIE Fighter. We share, so I lent my A-wing and X-wing for the Imperial ships and took them both on.

The middle of the board has never been so crowded before.

Spectre Leader, standing by.

#2 JFunk

JFunk

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 04:01 PM

2 more core sets.

Edit: then x wing and tie expansion.

Edited by JFunk, 27 February 2014 - 04:02 PM.

• dojimaster, Galactic Funk and Viceroy Bolda like this

#3 KovuTalli

KovuTalli

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 04:03 PM

2 Ties, 2Tie Advanced, 2 X-wings and a Y-wing.

Edited by KovuTalli, 27 February 2014 - 04:04 PM.

• DagobahDave likes this

Rebel Fleet: 3x X-wing, 1x A-wing 1x Y-wing 1x YT-1300.

On Order: 1x  HWK, 1x A-wing, 3x B-wing, 2x Tie Interceptor.

Imperial Fleet: 4x Tie Fighter, 2x Tie Adv, 1x Lambda Shuttle.

#4 sarvinator

sarvinator

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 04:08 PM

I actually created a big list for the wife and family to give me for Christmas. So I got 2 Cores, X-wing, Tie Fighter, 2x Tie Interceptors, 2x A-wings, 2x Y-Wings, Tie Adv, Tie Bomb, Falcon, and Shuttle all at the same time. It was all in a big box they put together and it was pretty amazing. Spent hours sorting tokens, sleeving cards, and assembling dials that night.

• dojimaster and Crabbok like this

#5 WizzBif

WizzBif

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 04:20 PM

I finally started playing last year when the wave 1 stuff was impossible to find. After the core set, I picked up an A-wing and an Interceptor to give some additional variety over the core. After playing a few dogfights with combinations of those 5 ships I was hooked.

#6 StevenO

StevenO

• Members
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 04:52 PM

I picked up the Core and Falcon at the same time.  After that my next purchase was an Advanced because that is what I could find at a price I was willing to pay.  Following that came the Firespray, TIE Fighter and X-Wing expansions.  A second Core came after that plus a slug of other stuff.

#7 Effenhoog

Effenhoog

• Members
  • 521 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 04:54 PM

My initial purchase included 2 core sets, 4 tie expansions, 2 y-wings, 3 TIE advanced, and 2 X-wing expansions

Shortly after that I preordered 5 A-wings, 5 interceptors, 2 Firesprays, and one Falcon

I hate money

#8 Borderguy190

Borderguy190

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 05:08 PM

X-Wing and TIE fighter expansions, plus a Y and a TIE/A.  Of course less than a week later I ordered a B-Wing, an A-Wing, a TIE/Interceptor and a TIE /Bomber.  Then.... I bought more...

Rebels: 3x X-Wing, 2x Y-Wing, 2x B-Wing, 2x A-Wing, 1x GR-75

Imperials: 4x TIE/In, 2x TIE/Ad, 1x TIE/Int, 2x TIE/B, 1x Firespray, 2x Imperial Aces, 1x Lambda

Just arrived:  Heavily modified YT-1300 from the Outer Rim.  Won in a game of Sabbac, of course.

#9 yoink101

yoink101

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 05:47 PM

A friend had the core set and the early release of the b wing last year. I looked at it as we started playin it. Then I got an a wing and a squint from my flgs. By the end of the match I had ordered a started set.

#10 Rhinoviru3

Rhinoviru3

• Members
  • 464 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 05:57 PM

I was given a core shortly after the game came out with a Y expansion; but my first purchase was 1 extra X and TIE for all the nummy pilots :3

Rebels: 4X, 2Y, 2B, 2A, 2Hwk, 2YT, 1GR-75, 2E, 4Z, 1x YT-2400,
(See my Rebels paint thread here!)

Empire: 5x TIE/ln, 3x TIE/sa, 4x TIE/Int, 1x TIE/A, 1x F-31, 1x Lambda, 3x TIE/Pha, 1x TIE/D
(And my Imperial paint thread here!)

#11 Revanchist

Revanchist

• Members
  • 910 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:28 PM

Another core set
Imperial: 5 TIE/ln, 1 TIE/adv, 5 TIE/in, 1 TIE/sa, 1 Firespray-31, 1 Lambda
Rebel: 3 X-wing, 1 Y-wing, 1 A-wing, 1 B-wing, 1 HWK-290, 1 YT-1300

"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."

#12 oneway

oneway

Imperial Bomber Pilot

• Members
  • 2,257 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:45 PM

Every.... Thing.... Else.......
  • Goregrimm and IvlerIin like this

"I mean, come on kid, my armor's older than you are.."

Corp. Haig Talin, MK - 472

Armor 18 - Fire - N - Ice

181st Mechanized Armor Assault Div

#13 Nataris

Nataris

• Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:05 PM

As a fellow new player I am bugging out because I can't figure out what to get after my core. Tbh, the upgrade cards make things hell. Normally I'd say I want a Bwing and Imp Aces, but my lists revolve around the Bwing having advanced sensors (lambda?) and HLC (firespray).

Does anyone think its possible they release upgrade card packs? I hate having to buy a shuttle which doesn't fit into my plans for 1 card. I think this is my biggest (only) pet peeve about this game.

I don't like feeling forced to buy an expansion just for a card.

Edited by Nataris, 27 February 2014 - 08:07 PM.

#14 Stelar 7

Stelar 7

• Members
  • 609 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:15 PM

Nataris, both the HLC and Adv sensors come with the shuttle, but only one in each. You can also get the hlc with the firespray.
Rebel scum: 5 X-Wings, 4 Y-Wings, 3 A-Wings, 3 B-Wings, 2 Hawks, 1Falcon, 2 E-Wings, 4 Z-95 1 Transport.

Imperial cannon fodder: 2 Phantoms, 2 Defenders, 7 Tie Fighters, 7 Interceptors, 3 Bombers, 2 Lambdas, 3 Firesprays, 1 Vader, er Tie Advanced

#15 Parakitor

Parakitor

• Members
  • 969 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:30 PM

As a fellow new player I am bugging out because I can't figure out what to get after my core. Tbh, the upgrade cards make things hell. Normally I'd say I want a Bwing and Imp Aces, but my lists revolve around the Bwing having advanced sensors (lambda?) and HLC (firespray).

Does anyone think its possible they release upgrade card packs? I hate having to buy a shuttle which doesn't fit into my plans for 1 card. I think this is my biggest (only) pet peeve about this game.

Well, at least you know that the E-wing will be coming with Advanced Sensors, which is half the price of the Lambda, and may have upgrades useful for B-wings besides that one.

@OP: I bought my first core set along with an X-wing, TIE fighter, TIE advanced, and Y-wing -- because that's all that was available at the time.

"That starship won't fly, Bastila."

#16 Effenhoog

Effenhoog

• Members
  • 521 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:16 PM

There is always the option of running another list.  It sucks if you can't build the list you want, but fortunately the game does not require you to own every expansion to make a competitive list.

Alternatively you could try buying a shuttle or two and then selling them on ebay at a reduced price to someone who does not play competitively and wouldn't mind picking up the model and other components at a discounted rate, since they can just proxy the card if they really need it

Then of course E-wings will come with advanced sensors eventually but that could be a very long wait

#17 MavolentBrosa

MavolentBrosa

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:35 PM

I got a B-wing, and a tie bomber.

“The only time a man can be brave is when he is afraid.” John snowA Dance with Dragons. (George R.R. Martin)

Empire: 6 TF, 5 TI, 4 TB, 1 TA, 1 FS, 1 LS

Rebellion: 3 AW, 3 BW, 4 XW, 2 YW, 1 Hwk, 1 YT-1300, 1 GR-75

#18 Lappenlocker

Lappenlocker

• Members
  • 438 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:40 PM

I actually created a big list for the wife and family to give me for Christmas. So I got 2 Cores, X-wing, Tie Fighter, 2x Tie Interceptors, 2x A-wings, 2x Y-Wings, Tie Adv, Tie Bomb, Falcon, and Shuttle all at the same time. It was all in a big box they put together and it was pretty amazing. Spent hours sorting tokens, sleeving cards, and assembling dials that night.

That was almost the same thing that happened to me. I was out shopping for something, anything, to get for my adult stepson, and saw the coolest small miniature of the Falcon at B&N. When I looked at the box I realized it was a game! Wheee!!! ... Wait... Does the stepson even like to play games? I dunno...

So I went home and described my dilemma to my wife and how cool I thought the game was but couldn't talk myself into getting a starter set for him because I had no idea if he would even play it.

So she bought one of every ship, including a starter set, at B&N except for the Slave-1 and Shuttle (gasp, I know Sable!). She had them all in a big box too. And I spent the rest of the day happily punching out tokens and reading the rules. Pew! pew!
  • Stone37 likes this
Bob Bell, Wylie TX
Rebels: (5) X-Wings, (4) Y-Wings, (2) A-Wings, (2) B-Wings, (2) YT-1300s, (2) HWK-290s
Imperials: (9) TIE Fighters, (2) TIE Advanced, (2) TIE Interceptors, (2) TIE Bombers, (2) Lambda Shuttles, (2) Firespray-31s, (2) Imperial Aces

#19 Stone37

Stone37

• Members
  • 876 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:05 PM

The HWK and a B-wing. The ladies stole my heart =)

#20 Parravon

Parravon

• Members
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:05 PM

I got two TIE Interceptors and an A-Wing and some more dice. You need more dice. Then came the Falcon, a B-wing and Slave I, finally two more X-Wings, two more TIE fighters, a TIE Advanced and a Y-Wing. Going to put a hold on the spending for a bit after all that.

As for wave 4, thinking about a couple of Z-95s and a Phantom.

Rick

Hastings, New Zealand

3 X-Wing, 2 A-Wing, 1 Y-Wing, 1 B-Wing, 1 E-Wing, 1 YT-1300

3 TIE Fighters, 3 TIE Int, 1 TIE Adv, 1 TIE Bomber, 1 TIE Phantom, 1 TIE Defender, 1 Firespray-31

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS