Suns of Fortune Release Party

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 KRKappel

KRKappel

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:23 PM

So I was one of the four writers on Suns of Fortune, and last Saturday I organized a release party for the book. Also in attendance was Matt Zeilinger, an FFG artist who drew the Selonian Queen image for Suns.

The event was at Chicagoland Games Dice Dojo, and wonderfully supported by the 501st and FFG (who sent a big box o' product to use and give away at the event).

Anyway, anyone who wants to check out some pictures from the event can look here!

https://www.facebook...75923797&type=3

• jburgos, jaethe77, CrunchyDemon and 5 others like this

Official Contributor: Edge of the Empire: Suns of Fortune, Far Horizons, Age of Rebellion: GM's Kit, StarWars.com Blog Centerpoint Station

Follow me @KRKappel, facebook.com/keith.kappel, and KRKappel.com, Co-founder FandomComics.com

#2 kaosoe

kaosoe

Not the GM my players need, but the one they deserve.

• Members
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:47 PM

That's awesome.

You should feel proud of the work you did. Suns is a great source book.

You'll probably receive a load of friend invites now that you posted that.

Edited by kaosoe, 26 February 2014 - 07:48 PM.

Scavenger - On the d20Radio forums.

Pronounced: Kay - Oh - So

#3 KRKappel

KRKappel

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:50 PM

The more the merrier. I'm part of the fan community, so I don't mind being available and accessible to fellow fans on the forums or on a social media site like Facebook or Twitter.

• Maelora likes this

Official Contributor: Edge of the Empire: Suns of Fortune, Far Horizons, Age of Rebellion: GM's Kit, StarWars.com Blog Centerpoint Station

Follow me @KRKappel, facebook.com/keith.kappel, and KRKappel.com, Co-founder FandomComics.com

#4 2P51

2P51

• Members
  • 2,824 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:18 PM

When can we expect the F&D beta release party?.................. :rolleyes:

• kaosoe likes this

My group's Obsidian Portal campaign site: It's All in the Trigger Squeeze

#5 jburgos

jburgos

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:48 PM

awesome, thanks for sharing. Im new to this game and now I cannot wait to play it. 

Member of RPG Lab

#6 Agatheron

Agatheron

• Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:00 PM

When can we expect the F&D beta release party?.................. :rolleyes:

This is not the thread you're looking for... ;)
  • kaosoe and cvtheoman like this

#7 KRKappel

KRKappel

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:40 PM

To quote the big boss from GenCon.

"It is FFG's policy not to discuss future products."

Of course, that said...Edge and Age Betas came out at the same time, a year apart. Of course, two coincidences doesn't guarantee a pattern. So I guess we'll just wait and see...

• Maelora likes this

#8 CrunchyDemon

CrunchyDemon

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:43 AM

You'll probably receive a load of friend invites now that you posted that.

I friended right after I read this.

Edited by CrunchyDemon, 27 February 2014 - 09:44 AM.

Proud member of the Gand Anti-Defamation League.

#9 DanteRotterdam

DanteRotterdam

• Members
  • 970 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:54 AM

Dude, congrats!

Suns of Firtune is one of the best RPG supplements I have had the pleasure of reading. I look forward to using much of it in our games.

• jaethe77, progressions and KRKappel like this

#10 progressions

progressions

• Members
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:15 AM

I agree with DanteRotterdam, KRKappel. Really well done book!

I mentioned in another thread the embarrassment of riches for SW RPG fans right now.

We're basing our new campaign almost entirely around ideas from Enter the Unknown and Suns of Fortune, with exploration, ancient relics, Duro/Corellia political intrigue, and Suns of Fortune has loads of great stuff in it.

Thanks!

• kaosoe likes this

Our group's EOTE Obsidian Portal: Explorers on the Edge

#11 Maelora

Maelora

• Members
  • 886 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:20 AM

Aww, why do I never get invited to all the really cool parties? :)

Seriously though Keith - and trying not to sound like an obsessive fangirl stalker!  - I really appreciate you coming on here and discussing the game.  You should be very proud of helping to put together a fantastic product, and it's really nice for someone connected with FFG and EoE to drop by and speak to the fans.

• KRKappel and kaosoe like this

#12 KRKappel

KRKappel

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 06:02 PM

My pleasure, guys. Thanks for the kind words about the book. It's greatest is mostly because of co-writers Sean Patrick Fanon, Jason Marker, and Greg Koteles, who together wrote like 90% of the book, and of course Sam Stewart, who produced the book. I had a very small assignment (as it was my first), so I just get to be thrilled I'm associated with it at all.

I can tell you I do have a lot more Star Wars FFG work on the way, and I'm hoping (with no official reason to) that there will be more projects I worked on announced soon!

If you guys want to get your hands on more of my writing (some of which isn't Star Wars related), friend me on facebook and you'll get the full promotional brunt of my efforts, as well as invitations to future release parties (in chicago), and just all around good stuff.

• progressions, I. J. Thompson and kaosoe like this

#13 Kix

Kix

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 09:35 AM

What a small, small world I live in.

I saw a bunch of my 501st friends post photos of posing outside of some place called a Dice Dojo, then glance in here for my SW EotE geeking and see this community put it on.

My worlds collide!

• KRKappel and kaosoe like this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS