Boba Fett Armor

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 NicoJMont

NicoJMont

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:20 PM

What armor does Boba Fett and Jango Fett wear in Edge of the Empire?

Laminate? Stormtroopers seem to be better covered so I doubt it is that one
Armored clothing perhaps? After all it was clothing with armor plates on top?

What are your thoughts?
Nicholas J Montgomery
(763) 286-1295
http://www.advicehomes.com

#2 Lathrop

Lathrop

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:24 PM

Mandalorian armor, which isn't in the core - don't expect official stats until... Bounty Hunter career book, maybe? It would probably have cortosis, minimum of 2 soak, and probably 2 or more points in defense.

Edited by Lathrop, 26 February 2014 - 02:25 PM.

#3 Shamrock

Shamrock

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:27 PM

I'd go with the second (armored clothing) with laminate plates on it.  Not sure how I'd represent that in mechanics though, because it doesn't really cover "everything".   Maybe triumphs and crits - treat the armor as cloth, otherwise treat it as laminate.  

Be well,

Sham

#4 LibrariaNPC

LibrariaNPC

• Members
  • 801 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:32 PM

Mandalorian armor, which isn't in the core - don't expect official stats until... Bounty Hunter career book, maybe? It would probably have cortosis, minimum of 2 soak, and probably 2 or more points in defense.

If that is Beskar or made from phrik, sure. Otherwise, you can say it is the heavy battle armor or mechanically works like laminate.

Boba Fett's armor has quite a few modifications, so those two would be my best guess without reinventing the wheel.

Edited by LibrariaNPC, 26 February 2014 - 02:41 PM.

"Smilies exist because no one's bothered to make a sarcasm font." Lost_Heretic

LibrariaNPC's Starship Yard (Fighters and Freighter chapters as PDFs!)

#5 Shamrock

Shamrock

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:32 PM

Not so sure I'd add a defense stat to it, that's serious.  It isn't a shield generator.   It's the same armor the clones wore, just less of it to account for better movement, thus it's not as tank.  Knock off a point of encumbrance.  That might be mando fan-boy talking. 

on a side note: if a mando catches a non-mando wearing the armor... it's bad juju.

• LibrariaNPC likes this

Be well,

Sham

#6 Shamrock

Shamrock

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:38 PM

Is that is Beskar or made from phrik, sure. Otherwise, you can say it is the heavy battle armor or mechanically works like laminate.

Boba Fett's armor has quite a few modifications, so those two would be my best guess without reinventing the wheel.

You could go the heavy route, but I picture more astronaut when I think of that.  The zero G troopers, shock troopers that kinda stuff.  And that's a small ton of encumbrance, and restricted to all get out.  

Edited by Shamrock, 26 February 2014 - 02:38 PM.

Be well,

Sham

#7 Jegergryte

Jegergryte

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 03:01 PM

I'd go for heavy battle armour. I doubt either of them had proper beskar. You could also go for the laminate route, I guess, either one would work well. Both probably also have the gadgeteer's armour talents thereby increasing both soak and defence.

Additionally they're going to have enhanced optical suite, I assume, and perhaps vacuum seals.

Make sure your brain is engaged, before putting your mouth into gear.

"What about the future...? We can only hope, we cannot however account for the minutiae of the quanta, as all accidents in an infinite space are inevitable."

GMLovlie's/Jegergryte's Cubicle direct link to supplements here.

#8 That Blasted Samophlange

That Blasted Samophlange

• Members
  • 1,215 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 03:14 PM

If you do a google search for new space suit design, you'll see what looks like an old fishbowl design, similar to what Anakin and Ahsoka wear occasionally in the Clone wars, so Armour can be more about materials than bulky coverage.
You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point if EU.

#9 2P51

2P51

• Members
  • 3,551 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 03:27 PM

In other words from the comments posted thus far you can pretty much make it whatever you feel is appropriate and you'd be safe...............

• Doc, the Weasel likes this

My group's Obsidian Portal campaign site: It's All in the Trigger Squeeze

#10 Tralfaz

Tralfaz

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 03:29 PM

Boba's armor at 0 aby is Duraplast which is a very strong metal so heavy would probably be what I would use, to my knowledge Boba never wears a set of actual Beskar armor he does swtich it around 25 aby to durasteel.

#11 LibrariaNPC

LibrariaNPC

• Members
  • 801 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 03:33 PM

Is that is Beskar or made from phrik, sure. Otherwise, you can say it is the heavy battle armor or mechanically works like laminate.

You could go the heavy route, but I picture more astronaut when I think of that.  The zero G troopers, shock troopers that kinda stuff.  And that's a small ton of encumbrance, and restricted to all get out.  

Considering we don't have what was traditionally "powered armor" in previous games, I see the Heavy Armor as heavy, thick plates that cover the whole body, thus the Defense bonus (as it is a form of cover).

Now, there was a long running discussion years ago with the d20 stats where Boba and Jango has two different suits of armor; if memory serves me correctly, Jango wore Medium Battle Armor while Boba wore Light Battle Armor. The only real difference was the thickness of the plates, placement of the plates, and the modifications.

In EotE, we don't have that many full suits (yet), so in reality, you could take a suit of Padded Armor and have that as one type of Mandalorian, while another could be wearing the heavier suits, all based on the role they had.

I should also add that someone had a thread here in the forum as they were statting up types of Mandalorian Armor if you want something that is "as-is" instead of a suit using stats of laminate with the serial numbers filed off.

"Smilies exist because no one's bothered to make a sarcasm font." Lost_Heretic

LibrariaNPC's Starship Yard (Fighters and Freighter chapters as PDFs!)

#12 mouthymerc

mouthymerc

Not the member you are looking for!

• Members
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 03:35 PM

Actually he does upgrade to Mandalorian Iron armour later on. For most of the time it is durasteel. I would do superior heavy armour and add cortosis if you want the Mandalorian Iron version. With some extras of course.
  • Crimson Death likes this

People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

#13 Ahrimon

Ahrimon

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 04:34 PM

I'd say armored clothing for Bobba and Heavy battle armor for Jango.

#14 CrunchyDemon

CrunchyDemon

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:46 PM

I think they gave Boba Fett "Heavy Battle Armor" when that other game company statted him out in d20 Saga Edition, which in that game, much like this one, was the heaviest available.

Edited by CrunchyDemon, 26 February 2014 - 05:47 PM.

Proud member of the Gand Anti-Defamation League.

#15 Agatheron

Agatheron

• Members
  • 509 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:03 PM

Dangerous Covenants adds Powered Armour, Combat Armour and Steelskin armour to the mix. So far, I'd still say heavy battle armour remains the best approximation of Manadlorian armour as it has 4 hard points, and the book pretty much says that's what it is.
  • CrunchyDemon and Crimson Death like this

Official Contributor: Age of Rebellion: Stay on Target

#16 Voice

Voice

• Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:46 PM

Sorry, I can't buy the idea of heavy battle armor for Boba or Jengo.  From the waist down, he's pretty much just covered by a fabric flight suit.  If Boba is wearing heavy battle armor then Oola is wearing *at least* armored clothing, and Stormtroopers are wearing God himself.  Compare the protective coverage of Boba Fett's armor to the picture of Laminate Armor on page 170.  From the waist down, Boba is only protected by armor plates on his crotch and his knees, and he utterly lacks any plate coverage on his upper arms.

My view of the situation is this:

Jengo is wearing Armored Clothing, or Laminate at best (notice the better coverage on his legs)

Boba is wearing Armored Clothing.  While you could make the case that his upper body is Laminate, but the lower body is only Heavy Clothing (if that).  Oddly enough, that nets out to the same as Armored Clothing.  (A rank of Defense is potentially as good as Soak, but less reliable in it's effect.)

The Fetts aren't uber *because* they wear armor.  They're uber and they *happen* to wear armor.

• Kager, Shamrock, SynysterDreamer and 1 other like this

#17 HappyDaze

HappyDaze

• Members
  • 5,974 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:55 PM

Heavy Battle Armor specifically says it can be composed of just a helmet and vest in its description.

• Doc, the Weasel, CrunchyDemon, Asoral and 3 others like this

Ignore, Ignore, you must learn Ignore!

Now Ignoring: Nobody.

#18 Agatheron

Agatheron

• Members
  • 509 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:55 PM

Keep in mind that what we see on screen is props, and is adjusted for comfort. Heavy Battle Armor is functionally a combination of laminate and armored clothing. Jango's pants had external armored plates, while Fett's may have been sewn right into the fabric, as standard armored clothing does. The heavy battle armor is also the most customizable of all the armor types, even new ones offered in later releases. Mind you, I need to have a closer look at Suns of Fortune...

Official Contributor: Age of Rebellion: Stay on Target

#19 Crimson Death

Crimson Death

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:26 PM

Heavy Battle Armor.

#20 mouthymerc

mouthymerc

Not the member you are looking for!

• Members
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:34 PM

I don't think you're going to get a consensus. I've seen good examples of armoured clothing along with heavy armour or even laminate. Use whichever armour best exemplifies you view of Boba Fett's suit.

People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS