Need Fleet Sizes to measure power of Dynasties

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#21 Errant Knight

Errant Knight

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:11 AM

I don't go by the numbers you've quoted.  The Administratum has whatever PF it decides to let its agents access, maybe with an upper limit of 130, not because that's the Ad's limit, but a limit it sets upon its agents.  No number of Hive Gangs is going to conquer the Ad, but they might challenge their power on a single planet.

You can rant about the PF system.  It has some serious flaws.  My party built its original ship so that they got 2800 extra achievement points in trade, creed, and criminal enterprises.  They've since improved it.  Instead of penalizing them for intellligent ship design, I had to find ways to make them permanently spend that stuff.  I started charging for the new ships they needed for their newly founded or forcibly acquired colonies.  I let them acquire ships the RAW written way, too, but if they can't find what they need that way, they can spend PF.  That is particularly important when they acquire an already-establshed colony or decent size and need half a dozen merchant ships to reasonably keep it in their empire.

Stars of Inequity helped further in getting them to spend PF.  They still have no problem ramping their PF back above 100, but they always find more ways to spend it, so it works for us.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS