Photo

Talisman Island - 15th Anniversary Giveaway!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 talismanisland

talismanisland

Harbourmaster

• Members
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:35 AM

Previously posted on Talisman Island -

Talisman Island: 15th Anniversary News!
24th February 2014

On this day in history, a lot of things happened. Yet, one thing is absent from the lists on Wikipedia, as today marks the 15th anniversary of Talisman Island!

To celebrate this milestone, I am giving away a few pieces of Talisman Booty! The LAST TWO copies I have of the bonus cards - Doppelganger & Instructor - AND a copy of The Nether Realm expansion (designed by yours truly), which will be given out to three lucky winners in a couple of weeks time.

ti15_booty.jpg

There is no competition as such, as this will be a simple random drawing at some point during the 9th of March. All you need to do is send me an email (address down the front page) telling me what it is about Talisman that you love! That's it! Oh, and you might want to tell me which you would prefer out of both options, as there might be people who already own a copy of the cards or expansion.

I'll be making mention of this on the Talisman Island Facebook page as well as on Twitter, so if you could go there and give those pages a Like or a Follow, I'd be much obliged! Good luck!!

• adjogi, JediKnightAmoeba, rfisha and 1 other like this
Harbourmaster at Talisman Island - 15 magical years and counting!

Sometimes I even update the Talisman Island Facebook Page!

#2 gnarly1

gnarly1

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:49 PM

Hurrah! I hope I win, this is my first time in an event on Talisman Island, I would also like to congratulate you on your many contributions and efforts way to go!

#3 rfisha

rfisha

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:00 PM

Congrats!  I have sent my email already ;)  I hope i finally get my hands on those promo cards!

#4 JediKnightAmoeba

JediKnightAmoeba

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:53 PM

It is pretty amazing it has been 15 years!  I remember searching some Talisman content back in probably.... ~2001 and came across Talisman Island.  I was looking at it and thinking: "wow, that's pretty cool."  That was back when I was playing 3rd edition and was looking for some additional characters.  Years later I have now downloaded the Strange Eons content and I can say "Wow, that's really f&%$ing cool!"  :-) 

Jon, great work with the site over these years.  Talisman is a truly great game from 1st edition to the current edition(How many games can say they have editions?)!  And your nether realm deck is NASTY!  We recently had a game in the second turn a leprechaun who had gone to the woods twice in a row to get 6 gold drew the Deathstalker.  The next turn (Turn 3) a Knight teleported to his space and beat him in combat to kill him.  Let me tell you, My friend was unhappy!  The rest of is LOVED it....we hooted, hollared and told our friend to stop crying.....haha 

Edited by JediKnightAmoeba, 25 February 2014 - 10:53 PM.

• DomaGB likes this

#5 Rigmaster

Rigmaster

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 04:14 AM

I will most certainly join this competition. I had my chance to choose the promo cards a few years back after winning the lucky 13 competion. (I can't belive it's been two years - two long years with almost no talisman at all. I even managed to loose my account here at the forum and had to create a new one). But finally we've made it back to the game and I'm enjoying it more than ever. I think your new Nether Realm expansion, is one of the best. I've really felt that the game missed the experience of things getting harder the better your character got. Now you can't be safe at any time. Great work! 

#6 0beron

0beron

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:25 AM

Welcome back to the game, Rigmaster, and to everyone, but especially Jon, a very happy anniversary and thanks for all the great work and keeping the Spirit alive!  (and I entered the competition too, so out of the way everyone!)

#7 chemical22

chemical22

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:41 AM

Entered the competition as well.  Congratualtions on the anniversary!

#8 adjogi

adjogi

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:39 PM

Email sent. Congratulations and many thanks to you Jon! 

Welcome to "Monsters & Magic", a NJ based Talisman Game Club!

www.njtalisman.com

#9 talismanisland

talismanisland

Harbourmaster

• Members
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:46 PM

Thanks all!! Keep those entries coming! :)

#10 talismanisland

talismanisland

Harbourmaster

• Members
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 04:23 PM

Winners have been picked for the Talisman Island 15th Anniversary Giveaway! Details over on the site!

Thanks so much for all of the entries and stay tuned as there will be a chance to win a copy of Talisman: Digital Edition from Nomad Games on the site very soon!

#11 0beron

0beron

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:44 AM

Congratulations to all the Winners!

#12 JediKnightAmoeba

JediKnightAmoeba

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:31 PM

<Tantrum> Boo-hiss...I hate Talisman Island and all the winners!  <tantrum ends>

No really....Awesome site and congratulations to the winners!  

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS