Collision Detection.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 GMGM

GMGM

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:00 PM

How does everybody handle this? It seems like the actual printed rules assume you aren't using a grid system, though this is still bound to come up from time to time surely? What is the general consensus about moving through enemies/allies, also what about hordes? What happens when a character finds himself 'inside' a horde so to speak, surrounded by foes?

#2 herichimo

herichimo

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:26 AM

Are you asking for a rule, or an opinion?

If it is the latter you need to ask it either in the general or gamemaster forums. This section if for questions concerning rules.

The rules do not specify what happens with a "grid-system" as it isn't required to use a grid system to play the game. You don't need miniatures or grids for roleplaying games.

Edited by herichimo, 25 February 2014 - 10:27 AM.

#3 ak-73

ak-73

• Members
  • 4,057 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:41 AM

Hordes can be walked through by marines. :lol:

Alex

My 40K Blog (essentially a Best Of FFG Forums):

http://www.40kroleplay.weebly.com

House Rules, Rule Clarifications, Game Aids, New Creatures, consolidated official Deathwatch Squad Mode rules, 40K Tabletop to 40K Roleplay comversions, etc.

#4 Visitor Q

Visitor Q

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 03:31 AM

I think it is assumed that even with hordes they aren't packed together like a phalanx but rather have a 'zone of control' (No that isn't explicitly stated in the rules). Hence I think Pcs and NPCs can move through hordes as necessary.  of course if a PC insists on standing in the middle of a horde I might give the horde bonuses to hit.

Edited by Visitor Q, 26 February 2014 - 03:32 AM.

#5 herichimo

herichimo

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:50 PM

Well, I would add from a rules point of view:

Engaging a target does not require any form of action. If a marine advances into a Horde, the Horde can immediately engage the marine the moment he moves within melee range of the Horde.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS