• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Pipes

Pipes

ffgEvan

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 04:27 PM

These forums have been created for you to talk about your anticipations and game experiences with Age of War! Are you prepared to do battle for the unification of Japan?

#2 Tomprime

Tomprime

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 04:34 PM

I am prepared to do battle for the unification of Japan!

#3 OpT1mUs

OpT1mUs

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:05 PM

I am so pumped to throw some dice around, all I want in my life is more dice, dice with little symbols.

I love big dice and I cannot lie.

#4 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,099 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:08 PM

I like the look of this. Fast and a great price.

#5 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

• Members
  • 1,477 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:31 PM

I love Japanese language, history, and culture. I've been thinking of picking up a game set in Feudal Japan because there are quite a few. But there are so many other great games out there. But between the price and play time for this game, I think it will easily earn a place in my collection. It's almost like Phase 10 Dice, only with theme and player interaction.

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#6 Shadowfax

Shadowfax

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:07 PM

Interesting...sounds like the main mechanic from Elder Signs...but added on that you can direct attack each others holdings. Also interesting that Reiner gets his name on it when the main mechanic of the game seems to have come from Elder Signs (which to my knowledge is a Launius and Wilson designed game)?

Before the pitchforks come out, I dig the mechanic and this looks cool so this is not a knock at all :)

#7 Krelios

Krelios

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:14 PM

This is absolutely a "shut up and take my money" game! :) I love the publisher and the designer!

#8 Gaffophone

Gaffophone

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:43 PM

Isn't it a Feudal Japan version of Risk Express ?

#9 DarthJalapeno

DarthJalapeno

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:21 AM

Just what I was thinking.

http://boardgamegeek...86/risk-express

#10 Angus Lee

Angus Lee

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:17 AM

Interesting...sounds like the main mechanic from Elder Signs...but added on that you can direct attack each others holdings. Also interesting that Reiner gets his name on it when the main mechanic of the game seems to have come from Elder Signs (which to my knowledge is a Launius and Wilson designed game)?

Before the pitchforks come out, I dig the mechanic and this looks cool so this is not a knock at all :)

Actually, it is that Elder Sign credited the mechanism to Dr. Knizia (for Risk Express) in the 2nd edition rulebook.

• Shadowfax and deeth82 like this
Once ... Always ...

My blog (in Simplified Chinese): http://blog.sina.com/b0ardgames

#11 Nemuril

Nemuril

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:42 AM

This looks great and I'll be getting it ASAP.

#12 Gaffophone

Gaffophone

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:33 AM

I guess no box to roll dice is planned ? (I mean a box like the one we can find with Risk Epxress)

if not, it's a pity because ths was one of the interest for the game and with a theme like this one (Feudal Japan) it could have been a good opportuniy to create a really nice box.

#13 Rince

Rince

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:55 AM

I gotta say, I am really excited about this game. The Japanese theme appeals to me a great deal and the short, uncomplicated gameplay is just what I needed (I long thought of adding something lighter to my more complicated, theme-heavy board games collection, but up until now didn't really find anything that interested me).

#14 Shadowfax

Shadowfax

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:50 AM

Thanks Angus! I did not see that...will check it out tonight!

• Angus Lee likes this

#15 yagyu

yagyu

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:14 PM

excited for the game, little bummed there doesnt seem to be much art but hopefully i havent seen everything. Also hope to see many famous Samurai and Ninja such as Yagyu Munenori, Yagyu Jubei, Miayoto Musashi, Hattori Masanari Hanzo, Sasaki Kojiro, Yamamoto Kansuke, Fuma Kotaro ect.

#16 wrrlykam

wrrlykam

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:12 AM

Just what I was thinking.

http://boardgamegeek...86/risk-express

Hmm?!?! Hasbro's Risk Express entry on BGG has been vandalised by over writing AoW details.

#17 wrrlykam

wrrlykam

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 03:09 PM

The two games have now been separated to their own BGG pages:

http://boardgamegeek...5695/age-of-war

#18 Nobunaga

Nobunaga

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 08:41 AM

Hi there,

from the pictures put online I have already found historical mistakes.

-Kitanosho-jo was not a castle of the Uesugi clan, but the main castle of Shibata Katsuie, an Oda clan vassal, which burned down with him. Kasugayama-jo was the main castle of the Uesugi.

-Kiyosu-jo was the main castle of Oda Nobunaga at the beginning of his campaign and never a Tokogawa castle.

-Inuyama-jo was not a castle of the Tokugawa either.

I hope you have still time to fix this! If you need help with castles, clans and history you can contact me. Please don’t screw this up!

Edited by Nobunaga, 09 March 2014 - 08:47 AM.

• Budgernaut likes this

#19 willlang123

willlang123

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 05:11 PM

can't wait to play

#20 FearTheBeard82

FearTheBeard82

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:17 PM

Sooooo looking forward to this game. Knizia and FFG! What's not there t be pumped about! Got my money ready.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS